• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 year extension for Frost

This may be what was referred to in the olden days as a “publicity stunt.” I doubt, if we go 2-10 the next two years and Frost neds to be axed, that HCSF is standing outside the accountant’s office with his hand out checking to make sure those extra two years of money are on the check. He wouldn’t even want to do that to NU. He and Moos may have put their heads together on this “window dressing” move.
In other words, there may not be an actual extension.

Last edited:

Miles most certainly didn't have over five years left on his contract.

There's a fine line between extending to assure continuity to recruits -- and hanging yourself financially because you extended a contract so far out, you could possibly regret it. There's no guarantees Frost will be anywhere near where any of us hope. There's also no guarantee he will continue to struggle. We don't know. But this early into seven years to sign an extension? Seems unnecessary and financially risky. Personally, I would have waited one more year. 2020 will be huge in determining Frost's abilities as coach. Let's say he wins 5 games in 2020 -- how good would anyone feel about the contract extension?
Anyone looking at this roster for next year, no matter who the coach is, and looks at the schedule and depth issues, S&C that still needs more time to build 2018-19 recruits and players...and thinks the 2020 Huskers will be much better than 5 to 6 wins At Most, is dreaming. This looks better MAYBE in 2021 or 2022. Hence, some fans just aren’t looking realistically at the roster and the depth needed to contend. It is going to take awhile, hence the extra few years added to SFs contract

I think frost is the man to get this done. I just think the 7 year original contract was supposed to be what gave him the runway. In 2017 after Frost signed a 7 year contract to coach us, if I told you at that time that towards the end of 2019 he would be signing an extension, what would you think his record would have been? Certainly not sub .500 after following a sub .500 season.
I expected 8-9 wins this season. I really thought that would have been the expectation with the schedule this season.

Were we going to be a revolving door if they didn’t give the extension? He still had 5+ years left.

Not being combative, just asking your opinion.
I think this was an extended middle finger to some squeaky wheels. The message is STFU and let the man work. Personally, I like it. It was getting a little noisy from members of the peanut gallery.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back