• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 year extension for Frost

This is Moos doubling down--trying to calm some waters and rougher waters to come, the schedule will never be as good as it is this year. The extension will hold off some of the pitch forks next year in what looks to be a continuing long arduous rebuilding project. I'm in favor of the move, I'm tired of the revolving door---but this is a major gamble nevertheless.

If Frost doesn't coach us to a bowl game next season, I guarantee many, many more pitchforks than now. A contract or contract extension does not prevent pitchforks.

This is clearly the right decision now, and necessary for recruiting, which is going very badly with only half the class committed with one month to go. It is also extremely sad that we need to do this now.

This is clearly the right decision now, and necessary for recruiting, which is going very badly with only half the class committed with one month to go. It is also extremely sad that we need to do this now.

Do you really feel this extension will positively impact the upcoming recruiting class?

I tend to think it makes no difference one way or the other. I just can't imagine there were recruits thinking Frost would be gone soon, so I'll look somewhere else. Again, 80% of schools have negative rumors about coaches and their future. Probably more than 80%. It'd be one thing if Frost only had 2-3 years left on his contract -- then you'd worry about four years as a player. But that was not the case.

There's also a chance the current recruiting class is still 7th-9th in the Big Ten even with this extension. Again, I don't think it's a part of the equation for the recruits.

Last edited:

That’s where I’m at. Little concerning we needed to give Frost a 9 year contract to get things turned around.
A little concerning equals reality. This shows some signs of determination to me. All of the fire the coaches banter will have to turn the other cheek for at least two more years.

I don’t think he or anyone knew how truly poor the team’s condition was. Basically could throw away first 3 years of SF’s coaching career at Nebraska due to poor players/development IMO. There is maybe one or two players MAX who played under Riley that makes the B1G team. And how many make the NFL. SF has had very little to start with at Nebraska. It may as well have been coming out of a ‘death sentence’ from NCAA sanctions and start over. That takes 4 years minimum

Lol ok

In the modern sports world, you've got to keep signing extensions to signal to everyone (notably recruits) that your coach isn't going anywhere. Remember when we didn't sign an extension for Tim Miles, and everyone started speculating that he was on thin ice? That's because he was.

What this says to potential recruits is, if you like what this coach is doing, feel free to sign up with the confidence that he'll be around for the long haul.

Those looking at the short-term results on the field will likely grumble about this, but if we're going to turn this thing around (eventually) we absolutely had to do this.
Then sign him to a five year and do one year extensions. 7 year was to show what you are saying.

Why are you concerned that fans are OK with it?

I was just saying to somebody last night that somewhere along the way (probably right before Moos showed up) the royal WE decided that we're ALL IN on Football. After signing a 5 year deal, raising the assistant salary pool, announcing a new facility, etc.

We can't back out now. That would be like somebody deciding 10 feet down the ski jump that they just weren't certain they wanted to do it all anymore. Sorry pal, it's way too late for that.

I’m not concerned at all. I’m mocking the situation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back