• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota vs. PSU

Notice those first 5 minutes?

I remember when the Huskers used to start strong.

:Unsure:

Last edited:

It seems I read some suggesting Minnesota would be exposed. Again.

While it's still early and anyone'e game, it's clear the Gophers showed up. That's a well-coached team that puts players in position to win games -- regardless of the fact that Penn State has more talent.

It seems I read some suggesting Minnesota would be exposed. Again.

While it's still early and anyone'e game, it's clear the Gophers showed up. That's a well-coached team that puts players in position to win games -- regardless of the fact that Penn State has more talent.

It's becoming clear to me that the Gophers have passed the "suspect" phase.

Whatever PJ is doing behind the scenes, it's apparently working.

It's becoming clear to me that the Gophers have passed the "suspect" phase.

Whatever PJ is doing behind the scenes, it's apparently working.

The guy seems like a flake on the surface - all corny slogans and rah rah posturing. Dig deeper, and it's clear this is a guy with a vision and a detailed road map to building a winning team. If Frost and his staff have anything remotely on this level happening behind the scenes, they haven't shared it.

This is what fleck is doing:

"Everything's connected," Fleck recently told ESPN. "How we live our life is going to be how we play. It sounds like a lot of slogans and all this other stuff. It's really not. It's very well connected, it's very organized, it's a very detailed culture, there's a standard, and that standard can't be compromised in any area of your life."

"We want them to understand that pressure's a good thing," Fleck said. "If you've having pressure, that means your life is significant, because people expect something from you."

"P.J. is 38 years old, and everyone's expecting all this fast-paced offense," Chernoff said. "That's not what we are. We're a control-the-clock, throwback football team. We're very disciplined. We don't have many penalties. We understand situations."

Fleck, who as a young coach worked under Jim Tressel and Greg Schiano, says he believes more college football games are lost than won. Minnesota's on-field philosophy is hooked around a win probability: 78%. It's a team's likelihood of winning when holding edges in turnover margin, missed tackles vs. broken tackles, and explosive plays generated vs. explosive plays allowed.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-using-batting-doughnuts-dig-nekton-mentality

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back