• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Guys getting ready to play

SantaKlaus

Recruit
5 Year Member
Frost said "when guys are ready to play, it's pretty obvious to coaches they're ready to get in there in play. I think Rahmir's really close."

A couple more games with a single play of Rahmir running in from the sideline, not taking a handoff, then running off the field, and this kid will be lights out as a decoy!

Frost said "when guys are ready to play, it's pretty obvious to coaches they're ready to get in there in play. I think Rahmir's really close."

A couple more games with a single play of Rahmir running in from the sideline, not taking a handoff, then running off the field, and this kid will be lights out as a decoy!

You just have to hope that Rahmir doesn't decide to transfer at mid semester. Anyone who has been in college remembers that as a depressing time of year anyway, but to look back on missed playing opportunities and facing winter conditioning will make it extra depressing.

All that promise of going to get to play this year and only get on the field for one play would make me very frustrated, especially in view of the playing time Wan'dale is getting as a freshman (not that they are equal, but that a freshman can see the field in quantity).

We cant afford attrition in the 2019 class like we have had in 2016-2018 classes :(.

Posted this else where but will put it here too:

I watched the Ball State-WMU game last night, with both teams running WR screens.

It seemed that these MAC schools WR did a better job of blocking those plays than DONU WR do.

IS that because:
1. There WR have 2-3 years in S&C so that they are more physically gifted at the point of attack?
2. The are better coached as blockers? (Ron Brown pick up the Red Courtesy phone).
3. More time in that system so they do it better?
4. MAC DB's are easier to block?
5. Something else?

Good coaches put players in a position to be successful so that I don't understand why if Scott wants his offense to work that he:
A. Has a QB that cant complete 90% of passes to the screen game (its a hand off)
B. Wide receivers that can block even if they are walk ons and not 4 stars, the key to success of that play is blocking.

GBR

Posted this else where but will put it here too:

I watched the Ball State-WMU game last night, with both teams running WR screens.

It seemed that these MAC schools WR did a better job of blocking those plays than DONU WR do.

IS that because:
1. There WR have 2-3 years in S&C so that they are more physically gifted at the point of attack?
2. The are better coached as blockers? (Ron Brown pick up the Red Courtesy phone).
3. More time in that system so they do it better?
4. MAC DB's are easier to block?
5. Something else?

Good coaches put players in a position to be successful so that I don't understand why if Scott wants his offense to work that he:
A. Has a QB that cant complete 90% of passes to the screen game (its a hand off)
B. Wide receivers that can block even if they are walk ons and not 4 stars, the key to success of that play is blocking.

GBR
It’s because NU players live in a fishbowl.

Yeah there was management issues with him & McCaffrey. The assistants should have caught that.
Will be interesting to see what happens with McCaffrey. Even with them inserting him for one play against Northwestern, he's only played in 2 games this year. He isn't getting in against Wisconsin and most likely Iowa, so that leaves Maryland. He won't even get to 4. Really would have liked to see him against Minnesota a bit.

Will be interesting to see what happens with McCaffrey. Even with them inserting him for one play against Northwestern, he's only played in 2 games this year. He isn't getting in against Wisconsin and most likely Iowa, so that leaves Maryland. He won't even get to 4. Really would have liked to see him against Minnesota a bit.
McCaffrey supposedly knows the offense inside and out. He's fast as anyone on the team except maybe Woodyard. Does it make sense to put him in at WR to stretch the field in general make the defense nervous against Iowa? Having more than one QB in the game always makes the D take notice of a potential fake. Of course he hasn't been trained in the art of hand-fighting to get open, but that hasn't made a difference for most of the WRs this year.

Last edited:
McCaffrey supposedly knows the offense inside and out. He's fast as anyone on the team except maybe Woodyard. Does it make sense to put him in at WR to stretch the field in general make the defense nervous against Iowa? Having more than one QB in the game always makes the D take notice of a potential fake. Of course he hasn't been trained in the art of hand-fighting to get open, but that hasn't made a difference for most of the WRs this year.

And only getting into 2 games?

What is going on?

Wow.

Raw....and a pretty good QB.

Maybe its sooner than many here want to believe?
Maybe. But I dont want him catching "hang me out to dry" passes right now. Plus...he doesnt know the position and this season is lost. Get two more games in if possible at his real position and work towards 2020 with a plan to compete for QB1

Not insinuating that he should even be considered a WR.

QB on the other hand is more what I was getting at.

Maybe sooner than many here want to believe?

I am tired of this we need to preserve redshirts and some guys are not buying in. If they are not producing sit them. Top flight programs put the best athletes on the field and if it is a freshman so be it. Go out and recruit their replacements. Just ask 5 star Jalen Hurts. Urban would not hesitate to sit an underperformer for a freshman. Coaches are paid too much money these days. HCSF may be inflicting further damage to his program by sitting the young hungry bought in players looking a slackers giving half effort. Great athletes can cover mistakes. He needs an experienced mentor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back