• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If YSU fires Bo...

I just cant imaging any head coach being comfortable with BP as a DC. He would have to be put in the press box in a soundproof room during the game and not let out for 2 hours after the game was over.
He actually was not bad with his actions, demeanor, etc as a DC. He understood his role and didn't bring a lot of attention to himself on the sideline. It wasn't until he became a HC that things started degrading for him.

Not a chance in hell. Pelini’s mouth, temperamental explosiveness, is totally contrary to the culture of Nebraskans in general and Scott Frost, specifically. I do not not want the optics of Pelini to add to the already perceived demise of Husker Football.
Not sure what Nebraskans you are referring too. I've seen and met many Nebraskans who fit exactly what we complain of Pelini's sideline behavior

Last edited:
I just cant imaging any head coach being comfortable with BP as a DC. He would have to be put in the press box in a soundproof room during the game and not let out for 2 hours after the game was over.
Well, your imaginaion isn't strong a all. Pelini is a much better DC than we've had in Lincoln. After his departure, please point to a defense that is better than his worse defense as a HC.

Won't happen here - just not the right situation.

Bo will likely be a top DC for someone in the future. Was getting paid by NU until this year. Only thing keeping him there is family now. Not sure if his kids have all graduated yet or not.

I would hire Dick LeBeau as a consultant before anyone else.

As an assistant coach he is credited with inventing the "Fire Zone" or "zone blitz" defense, which employs unpredictable pass rushes and pass coverage from various players.[13] His defenses typically employ 3–4 sets, with any of the four linebackers (and frequently a defensive back) among the pass rushers, while defensive linemen may drop back into short pass coverage zones to compensate for the pass rush coming from other positions. The design is intended to confuse the opposition's quarterback and frustrate its blocking schemes. Since zone blitzes don't identify any of the prospective rushers, the offense may be unsure on each play of which defenders will rush the passer and which will drop into coverage. While often described as a "blitzing" scheme (implying more than the typical number of four pass rushers used by most defenses), the call on any particular "zone blitz" play may involve only three or four pass rushers but from unpredictable positions and angles.[14]

Well, your imaginaion isn't strong a all. Pelini is a much better DC than we've had in Lincoln. After his departure, please point to a defense that is better than his worse defense as a HC.
I'm referring to his behavior. I'm sure he would be a decent DC with special players, such as Suh.

Once Suh left he was just ok.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back