• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20 years! HuskerMax Members Tribute

Is there a way to find out when I first joined back in the Pedia days under my old handle?

Of course, the old Huskerpedia football forum was free membership for its first several years of existence. That invited quite the cast of characters.

Last edited:

Although the 1999 was one of Nebraska top 2 or 3 non-national championship teams.

12-1. Only loss was to Texas -- but then we handled the Horns in the Big 12 Championship game.

Nebraska finished #3 in the BCS Standings that determined the two BCS Championship game participants -- which were #1 Florida State and #2 Virginia Tech. Interestingly, the next time the BCS formula was tweaked (as they did every couple of years), it actually would have had Nebraska playing FSU for the BCS title. Nebraska did end up #2 in the final Coaches Poll after the '99 season.

Yeah -- hard to imagine -- but when the select group of us members were here in 1999, we still believed Nebraska would always be a national title contender. We had no sense of the NU-CU nightmare in 2001 -- nor the disastrous 2002 season -- nor all of the firings and hirings that would follow. :)
You are correct! I was thinking of the 1998 season with the four losses. My bad!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back