• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN FPI Projects Nebraska to Finish 4-8

• Thread starter Deleted member 3561
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3561

NEBRASKA HUSKERS
Adrian Martinez
(Photo: Jamie Sabau, Getty)
ESPN FPI final record projection:
4-8

The skinny: Slotted No. 63 overall in the FBS ranks in ESPN's expansive FPI rankings, the Worldwide Leader expects a cataclysmic fall from grace the rest of the way for the Huskers, who might be playing without star tailback Maurice Washington for the remainder of the year. It doesn't look good for Nebraska, who is projected to lose all five of its remaining games against Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland and Iowa. That's shocking to say the least. The Huskers are only winning 47.7 percent of simulations vs. the Hoosiers and 39.6 percent of simulations vs. the Boilermakers, two teams Nebraska out-talents in roster depth. A 4-8 second season for Scott Frost would require an epic meltdown.

I'm fairly confident we get 5 wins, and very likely 6.

At this point, Frost HAS to realize that we can't suffer a third straight season without a bowl. The extra practice is the real reward here, not whatever bush league bowl we wind up in.

I think the team pulls out whatever few tricks we have left in the playbook and scrapes together two more wins.

8-4. I stand by it
We agree on something. But at this point I'm being overly optimistic considering the performance up to this point. Without cleaning up the performance it is easy to imagine six wins being untenable. They will have to simply fix the obvious problems and stick to using their strengths. This team is neither short on talent nor opportunity.

We agree on something. But at this point I'm being overly optimistic considering the performance up to this point. Without cleaning up the performance it is easy to imagine six wins being untenable. They will have to simply fix the obvious problems and stick to using their strengths. This team is neither short on talent nor opportunity.

This staff will because they are good coaches.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back