• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We Are a Bad Football Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

I know it's not Frost's style, but he might need to really lay into them at some point.

It's one thing to get rolled by Ohio State, but it's quite another to look like you don't care against Minnesota.
Yep. And freaking K. Davis... What is that dude's problem? Is he on a mission to hit every player he confronts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s all good. Minnesota isn’t a good football team, so we’ll be fine.

Right?

I was going to post this thread earlier this week. this is a BAD football team and....sorry...poorly coached. Somebody ask Greg Austin exactly what he does between Monday and Friday...I'm dying to know.
I wish I could argue with you. And it's not just Austin. I'm not ready to bag on coaches just yet, but I'm really confused about the lack of progress, and especially effort.

I think some guys need a swift kick in the backside, whether by a coach or teammate.

Hate to type those words, but it's true and we just might as well admit where we are.

Don't want to hear excuses about Jurgens, the O-line, injuries, needing the right players, etc. 18 games in, we should not be this bad.

Terrible tackling
Terrible effort
The team looks disinterested and defeated out there. They look scared. They look ill-prepared.

Minnesota isn't doing anything special. They just keep punching us in the mouth and we are on our heels.

It's just terrible all around and I'm disappointed most in the effort and laziness out there. I never thought I'd say that about a Frost coached team.

No fear of failure doesn't seem to be ringing true. Aside from a couple players, everyone else looks scared.

So disappointing.
You've been a sunshine pumper. So I totally accept your disgruntled take. It doesn't look good and you get credit for keeping the faith longer than some of us (me). Team is terrible.

I wish I could argue with you. And it's not just Austin. I'm not ready to bag on coaches just yet, but I'm really confused about the lack of progress, and especially effort.

I think some guys need a swift kick in the backside, whether by a coach or teammate.
I think you just did bag on the coaches....just saying you are really confused about the lack of progress and especially effort is exactly that. It's ok to admit. A lot of us have.

We are a few years of recruiting and strength development away from being a good team. Long road to go unfortunately.

I was going to post this thread earlier this week. this is a BAD football team and....sorry...poorly coached. Somebody ask Greg Austin exactly what he does between Monday and Friday...I'm dying to know.
Yep. Poorly coached. Frost is in over his head. Very unpopular opinion I know. Just an opinion. So all feel free to remind me how many years, recruiting classes, development, culture, whatever he's selling I'm not buying anymore.

I think you just did bag on the coaches....just saying you are really confused about the lack of progress and especially effort is exactly that. It's ok to admit. A lot of us have.
You clearly misunderstood. Again.

Hate to type those words, but it's true and we just might as well admit where we are.

Don't want to hear excuses about Jurgens, the O-line, injuries, needing the right players, etc. 18 games in, we should not be this bad.

Terrible tackling
Terrible effort
The team looks disinterested and defeated out there. They look scared. They look ill-prepared.

Minnesota isn't doing anything special. They just keep punching us in the mouth and we are on our heels.

It's just terrible all around and I'm disappointed most in the effort and laziness out there. I never thought I'd say that about a Frost coached team.

No fear of failure doesn't seem to be ringing true. Aside from a couple players, everyone else looks scared.

So disappointing.
Agreed many things to fix. It all starts up front. Our offense line got completely handled. We can’t push the line of scrimmage enough to run and every time we passed they got pressure and/or a sack. I don’t care who our QB is we are going to struggle. Lamar Jackson couldn’t move the ball in this offense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back