• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Ohio State (9/28/19)

So you prefer a stumble sack versus a possible throw into endzone that may result in either a TD, a defensive penalty or an INT? You really think a pick6 had better odds than either a TD for the Huskers or an incompletion in the End zone in that situation? I mean, a picl6 is pretty rare so you'd rather he take a stumble sack and not even give the ball a chance to go to a Husker in end zone? That's pretty pathetic.

Option A: Take the sack. Turnover on downs. OSU ball.

Option B: Throw it into the end zone even if no one appears open, which would result in any of the following:
1. NU player catches it for a TD
2. The ball falls incomplete. Turnover on downs
3. OSU interception for little to no gain
4. OSU interception and returns it long distance -- maybe even a score
5. Penalty. If on OSU, fresh set of downs. If on NU, OSU declines, turnover on downs.

There's so many things that can happen if you throw it into the endzone. Good, bad, or somewhere in-between.

There's only one thing that can happen when you take the sack. And that's bad. Good is not even an option. It's a turnover. It was 4th down, you choose the sack, you've turned the ball over.

And again, I couldn't give a rat's ass if OSU would have scored on a 100-109 yard INT return. The odds of that are slimmer than any of the other options -- but okay, so what if they score?! This game was over at halftime. Nebraska was just trying to have a few shiny moments toward the end. That sack prevented any possibility of a small glimmer of good. As Herbstreit was explaining -- and he's right. Even in the loss, you want to see some success in still fighting in the end. Positives for the rest of the season. Taking the sack was truly curling up in a ball and giving up.

Last edited:

I know things were going bad but what are the chances of a pick six for 100 yards? You absolutely throw the ball into the end zone. Much like you never run out of bounds before the marker on fourth down. Show some fight.

The way we played tonight the odds were pretty good and I suspect that was in the back of Adrian's mind as he ran for his life. That gets overlooked in the conversation that he was fun shy I have no doubt

The way we played tonight the odds were pretty good and I suspect that was in the back of Adrian's mind as he ran for his life. That gets overlooked in the conversation that he was fun shy I have no doubt

You're saying the odds were "good" that heaving the ball into the end zone would result in a pick six? C'mon man.......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back