• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Their finest moment

That's true but it doesn't make them a terrible team imo. They lost in OT as the won in OT so there is that... ASU at home is a pretty decent team which CU beat with some of their best players on the sidelines including all world receiver Shenault. Simply saying I suspect CU is more competitve then many have given them credit to be..........
Never said they were terrible. Still a team they should beat more so than not.

It was almost a complete reversal of the CU game... but we won this time! BTW did anyone notice Buffy beat ASU at their house last night? Perhaps CU is just a tad better then advertised...

Well, they beat us...that's about all I care about to be honest. They aren't good. Not sure how they were advertised to begin with. I think most thought them as a middle Pac 10 team that lost 7 in a row last year. Not sure that's changed with a loss to Air Force and a win over Arizona St. But I can't say you're wrong.

That's true but it doesn't make them a terrible team imo. They lost in OT as the won in OT so there is that... ASU at home is a pretty decent team which CU beat with some of their best players on the sidelines including all world receiver Shenault. Simply saying I suspect CU is more competitve then many have given them credit to be..........
They got their credit after they beat us. Two years in a row. No one here can say they aren't competitive. They came out and came from behind to beat us. That's competitive. To say they're terrible makes us less than terrible. So I'd say they are average, which puts us right there with them, or just a notch below. But they aren't good. I don't buy into a ton of different angles to try and say they were good to make our loss against them more palatable. We should be 4-0 and ranked. We blew it. Plain and simple. We weren't outplayed and out coached by a better team. I don't care how many different angles are explored.
You might be right that they are better than what some people thought. But I'm not sure who those people are or how that matters.

Last edited:
It was almost a complete reversal of the CU game... but we won this time! BTW did anyone notice Buffy beat ASU at their house last night? Perhaps CU is just a tad better then advertised...
I’m still of the hopes that they are along with Nebraska and we get them in a bowl game for a grudge match.

They got their credit after they beat us. Two years in a row. No one here can say they aren't competitive. They came out and came from behind to beat us. That's competitive. To say they're terrible makes us less than terrible. So I'd say they are average, which puts us right there with them, or just a notch below. But they aren't good. I don't buy into a ton of different angles to try and say they were good to make our loss against them more palatable. We should be 4-0 and ranked. We blew it. Plain and simple. We weren't outplayed and out coached by a better team. I don't care how many different angles are explored.
You might be right that they are better than what some people thought. But I'm not sure who those people are or how that matters.
I simply said CU might be better then first blush. Not claiming they are world beater but they were clearly underdogs to ASU and beat them at home. No argument we should have beat CU but it was one that got away. It happens but we've won the next 2 games which absolutely was critical to reach a bowl game this season.

As for all these angles you speak of lets see how the season plays out for CU as with Nebraska. It matters to some degree because it's a hell of lot better to have lost to a decent team as opposed to S. Bama! I said decent team or should say competitive at least for right now........

Last edited:

They did lose to Air Force.
Air Force lost by 11 to a top 25 team, too...and are 3-1, like CU. I detest the buffaloes but they are doing good so far, and with the way the PAC-12 is eating themselves, they will be in contention for at least winning their division, IMO.

I feel better than last year at this time. But I still think 7 wins is going to be a hard hill to climb., even though I think we will do it.

Four lost fumbles and 11 penalties for 119 yards hardly qualifies as a finest moment. The sloppy play and lack of discipline needs to be eradicated before this team comes anywhere close to turning the corner.

The point is they won. Yes, all of this nonsense needs to be eliminated. But at any point in say, the last 15 years, a Nebraska team would have lost that game. They won in spite of themselves. That's the first step.

I’m still of the hopes that they are along with Nebraska and we get them in a bowl game for a grudge match.
I’d rather see CU lose out, don’t care how it makes us look. It’s not like we’re in the playoff hunt where it would matter. Whether CU keeps winning or not has zero bearing on how we play the rest of our games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back