• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alternate Uniforms Released: Going With Blackshirt Theme

You and I have gone around on this over at sports logos so it’s nothing new. But IMO I just think black darkens an otherwise nice bright uniform. Yes black “can” go with anything but it doesn’t mean it must. For one game I can live with it but I’d be pretty disappointed if this was a true third and maybe worn half the time. But to say anyone who doesn’t like it is a blue hair is just wrong. Unless you consider 44 a blue hair.

Regarding this specific uniform I wish the numbers were red with a white outline and while we’re at it, if were gonna go with alt logos and colors then let’s go ahead and change the helmet. Put a big red iron N on this helmet and I like it a lot better. Or even the Huskers script logo. If we’re gonna go this far for one game let’s just go all the way. I mean, after all, if the kids like it.....
Maybe those items you listed were presented to the kids and they voted it down. ‍♂️

Maybe those items you listed were presented to the kids and they voted it down. ‍♂

I couldn’t care less. I’m merely talking about what I would like to see as an alternate for NU. Clearly I have no say in the matter which is why I’m on a message board talking about it instead of the AD’s office wondering what the players will think.

I get it. But think of it this way, how many times over your lifetime have you been in the sports apparel section of a store and seen a Nebraska shirt that the primary color was black? How about a Nebraska hat with black on it? Plenty of times right? Hell, even your profile picture has a black and red hat in it. My attitude is, if they can put it on apparel, why not put it on the uniform every once in awhile? When done right, black and red look really good together.
Yep. Looks real good on Texas Tech.

247 Sports definitely likes ‘em:

College football's hottest new uniform ahead of the 2019 season — at least the ones unveiled from January to now — is debatable at No. 1, but Nebraska looks like it has perfected its 'Blackshirt' alternate ahead of Scott Frost's second season. The execution here from Adidas is exquisite, from a contrasting red chin strap to a black facemask and primary 'N' graphic down to the secondary helmet and skull logo at the shoulder, this uniform is A1
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...h-Carolina-Gamecocks--134613517/#134613517_10

Last edited:
That look with a black matte helmet with chrome red N. Love it. Might even love a chrome red helmet with white N. Would need to see it first. We should own the blackshirt tradition. Put it on display. And kick the teeth out of someone while wearing it.

I couldn’t care less. I’m merely talking about what I would like to see as an alternate for NU. Clearly I have no say in the matter which is why I’m on a message board talking about it instead of the AD’s office wondering what the players will think.
I was just suggesting that maybe your ideas were actually presented to them. It wasn't an attack on your post. It's just a uniform.

I was just suggesting that maybe your ideas were actually presented to them. It wasn't an attack on your post. It's just a uniform.

All good. I really doubt there’s much democracy though outside of some stipulations for the AD. At any rate, seems there’s a formula. Black every other year and some form of all red or throwback the other years. Personally, if we’re gonna do a true third I wish some of the options would be pants with stripes etc. maybe a helmet that just replaces the N. Used sparingly of course.

All good. I really doubt there’s much democracy though outside of some stipulations for the AD. At any rate, seems there’s a formula. Black every other year and some form of all red or throwback the other years. Personally, if we’re gonna do a true third I wish some of the options would be pants with stripes etc. maybe a helmet that just replaces the N. Used sparingly of course.
I hear that. I'm not sure Adidas has the visionaries in that dept that Nike and UA do. Personally, I'd love to see us switch to UA, but we are under contract with Adidas for quite a while now.

I hear that. I'm not sure Adidas has the visionaries in that dept that Nike and UA do. Personally, I'd love to see us switch to UA, but we are under contract with Adidas for quite a while now.
Under A can essentially kiss my grits and I'll tell you why. I had this just awesome hiking/GPS app on my phone, and one day it didn't work, I was having probs with my phone and just figured that that was the problem. After hiking(sometime last year) I got home and tried to figure out what was wrong. Low and behold, UA bought the app Endomondo and locked me out of my app. To regain access to all my stats, all my hikes, times, etc. etc. UA now wanted access to every thing on my phone. Including all my contacts info, my front and back camera, my mic, all my pics, all my other apps, everything.

Before then, Endomondo didn't require all that, just my gps location and my phone number. When I tried to contact UA, and sent them an email with my concerns, they never got back to me, they don't give a crap they just want all my info. EFF UA, I have permanently boycotted those asssholes and I hope to high heaven that Nebraska NEVER, EVER, uses that craptastic shittbag company.

Disagreed. UA is way behind the curve. The brand doesn’t resonate with young people at all. Sneaker culture is huge and Nike and Adidas are lifestyle brands. UA is exclusively an athletic brand and doesn’t have and never will have an iconic sneaker like Nike has with Air Jordans or Air Max 1s or Adidas has with Superstars or Stan Smiths (among many others).

From an athletic performance standpoint, UA doesn’t have anything that compares to Adidas Boost or Nike Air. Their market value has dropped in half over the past 5 years. I won’t be surprised if they are only in discount stores in 5 more years.

Disagreed. UA is way behind the curve. The brand doesn’t resonate with young people at all. Sneaker culture is huge and Nike and Adidas are lifestyle brands. UA is exclusively an athletic brand and doesn’t have and never will have an iconic sneaker like Nike has with Air Jordans or Air Max 1s or Adidas has with Superstars or Stan Smiths (among many others).

From an athletic performance standpoint, UA doesn’t have anything that compares to Adidas Boost or Nike Air. Their market value has dropped in half over the past 5 years. I won’t be surprised if they are only in discount stores in 5 more years.
I wasn't really addressing this from a sneaker standpoint. That's a small part of the entire uniform. In my experience, UA has much better clothing/apparel than Adidas. Their R&D is much further ahead of the curve than Adidas. The UA alternate uniforms I've seen in cfb by UA have been outstanding and better than anything I've seen Adidas put out. I don't wear Nike, Adidas, or UA sneakers because I think all 3 are junk in the sports that I wear athletic shoes for. Again though, this was a thread about uniforms as a whole, not sneakers, so my comment was directed at that aspect.

They sank a ton of money into buying GPS apps for hiking, biking, running, etc. They screwed me good, see my post above. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they take a huge hit and end up in the dollar ben.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back