• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Xavier Watts Commits To Notre Dame

The flip flopping just confirms no one really knows right now in my opinion. If he had to choose today it would be Notre Dame is what I was hearing. I still feel we have a shot with an official visit for the Ohio State game looming.
I guess I will have to threaten to 'un-friend' him on Facebook if he doesn't fall :N: line.
I need to let him know now that I'm tired of this charade of ambivalence he's throwing us.

Looks like Wiltfong and I have the same source.....

The fact he flipped his CB in less than 24 hours makes me think Watts is going to publicly commit to Notre Dame soon. Otherwise, why not stick with Nebraska in the meantime and flip later on down the line when he catches wind of who he'll actually be committing to? The narrative of Notre Dame being in the lead with an eventual OV to Nebraska putting the Huskers in contention, if not the favorite, is pretty widely accepted by guys like Wiltfong.

A lot of guys (especially Wiltfong) are the first to know when a kid is locked in or set to announce on Twitter. The fact he switched so soon should really have you guys nervous. JMO.

Just when you thought it was safe to start feeling good about our chances here.

Not a great day do far on the recruiting front. Finished runner up (as expected) with Moten, and then Watts starts trending back to ND. Maybe Gunnerson will have some good news to share to save the day.

Honestly, the worst part of losing out on Watts - if it happens - is the narrative that comes with it. Nebraska wants to close the borders (every coach does) and reach out and get the guys they most covet inside the 500-mile radius too. Losing a four-star in your backyard chips away at the narrative you want to create of "Don't bother going after (X), Nebraska gets the in-state kids they want."

There are only so many hours in a day and resources you can use to recruit kids. Nebraska going five for five last year and if they can indeed win for Watts to add with Betts, then get Teddy Prochazka and Avante Dickerson in '21, it starts to send a message to everyone. Sure kids on their level will get overtures and offers early in the process, but the question other coaches will have to ask themselves is, "Unless we get strong reciprocation early, is it really worth going head to head with Nebraska on a kid in their backyard that they are prioritizing?"

It might not scare off regional teams, but Nebraska's trajectory is that of a school that will once again be the class of the region. Local teams won't be a consistent threat. And national programs like Ohio State, Florida, LSU, etc. who are sniffing around now, will realize there are four-star alternatives for them to target inside their own region, often times in their own state.

Watts is a really good player, but he's not a Turner Corcoran caliber talent. Nebraska can still sign 3 or 4 receivers and not miss the impact of Watts being among them. They add guys like Omar Manning and Ajou Ajou, and it's the narrative I outlined you're missing in the end.

I guess I will have to threaten to 'un-friend' him on Facebook if he doesn't fall :N: line.
I need to let him know now that I'm tired of this charade of ambivalence he's throwing us.
I actually don’t think it’s anythint to do with Watts, he’s handling it the perfect way. It’s adults trying to be “first with the scoop” acting like children. Be better.

Not sure my kid has any shot:

I get that is impressive and i certainly can't nor ever could have pulled it off. By the same token, there are 5 middle school girls in our small town that can do that. All athletes, but none of them gymnasts. Although i have no doubt they can't run 4.6 or whatever that guy can.

The fact he flipped his CB in less than 24 hours makes me think Watts is going to publicly commit to Notre Dame soon. Otherwise, why not stick with Nebraska in the meantime and flip later on down the line when he catches wind of who he'll actually be committing to? The narrative of Notre Dame being in the lead with an eventual OV to Nebraska putting the Huskers in contention, if not the favorite, is pretty widely accepted by guys like Wiltfong.

A lot of guys (especially Wiltfong) are the first to know when a kid is locked in or set to announce on Twitter. The fact he switched so soon should really have you guys nervous. JMO.

It's ok to say "us". One day you'll have to come out of the closet and admit to being an NU fan!

It's ok to say "us". One day you'll have to come out of the closet and admit to being an NU fan!

Oh I'm a fan. Just not someone who is ride or die with one team. Where a loss ruins my weekend, etc. I have an affinity for several teams: Washington, LSU, Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson and a couple others. Nebraska isn't more "important" to me than any of those. I've been lucky enough to have been to several college games across the country. I tend to gravitate towards the team's that I enjoyed my trip to see them (and continue to do so). Frankly, gun to my head, LSU and Washington would probably be top two, but still don't lose sleep over a loss on the recruiting trail or the field with them either.

I actually don’t think it’s anythint to do with Watts, he’s handling it the perfect way. It’s adults trying to be “first with the scoop” acting like children. Be better.
I was totally kidding. Guess I need to throw a Wink Face in there. Just trying to lighten up the drama on this one.

Oh I'm a fan. Just not someone who is ride or die with one team. Where a loss ruins my weekend, etc. I have an affinity for several teams: Washington, LSU, Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson and a couple others. Nebraska isn't more "important" to me than any of those. I've been lucky enough to have been to several college games across the country. I tend to gravitate towards the team's that I enjoyed my trip to see them (and continue to do so). Frankly, gun to my head, LSU and Washington would probably be top two, but still don't lose sleep over a loss on the recruiting trail or the field with them either.

So have over 10,000 posts on all of those message boards and spend the time breaking down all of the recruiting for 6-8 schools too?? Or are the rabid Husker fans simply a more interactive and responsive group?? Maybe most important, are you independently wealthy? :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back