• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Commits Next?

Problem for all schools but I understand what you are saying
Bo had some really bad luck with some recruiting classes and the coaching changes since has really hurt. Coach Frost has had some that haven't worked out and we still don't have the depth across the board to have too many misses. We do need some luck as not to whiff .

Franklin as I wrote above is wearing out his welcome which is no surprise as you already know.
Do you know who seems to be reaping the benefits? Ohio State.

These are from Penn State sources. Trust me when I say that the Ohio State sources aren't as optimistic about Franklin's future in Happy Valley....

Bo had some really bad luck with some recruiting classes and the coaching changes since has really hurt. Coach Frost has had some that haven't worked out and we still don't have the depth across the board to have too many misses. We do need some luck as not to whiff .

Bo hated recruiting and we could spend hours on that and Frost was left a mess to fix from both Bo and Riley so plenty of blame to go around from both previous staffs

Last edited:
Do you know who seems to be reaping the benefits? Ohio State.

These are from Penn State sources. Trust me when I say that the Ohio State sources aren't as optimistic about Franklin's future in Happy Valley....

If you look at the Penn State class it has only 4 four stars and all the rest are three stars and as others like Nebraska add players they are going to drop down. I suspect Franklin will move on in a year or two.

Bo hated recruiting and we could spend hours on that and you Frost was left a mess to fix from both Bo and Riley so plenty of blame to go around from both previous staffs

Agree. Bo is probably best suited to be an NFL position coach. Recruiting is a central, and critical aspect of college football. I understand Bo's dislike of it - I'm sure I'd feel the same. It takes a certain personality type to really get into it.

Last edited:
Bo hated recruiting and we could spend hours on that and you Frost was left a mess to fix from both Bo and Riley so plenty of blame to go around from both previous staffs
That really was the bottom line in Bo's demise in my opinion. Attitude and anger notwithstanding. But he just didn't "believe" in Lincoln as a destination. I hope that is changing, even if it is slow getting there.

How do you know guys have not worked out? He has only been here a year?

Agree. Bo is probably best suited to be an NFL position coach. Recruiting is a central, and critical aspect of college football. I understand Bo's dislike of it - I'm sure I'd feel the same. It takes a certain personality type to really get into it.
Here I agree. Have him be an in the booth guy and he will do fine.

obviously the jury is still out on the bulk of recruits. I get the concern, and I think the transfer rules make it very easy to get out if you want.

His welcome was wore out until he won that stunner at OSU a few years back.
Penn State fans aren't the most well grounded either. They are pretty sure that they're better than Ohio State, so losing to Michigan, Michigan State, et al.: Unacceptable! Franklin is clearly a pretty good coach, but I think that both sides are getting tired of one another.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back