• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Help me find a hat!

You guys can have your opinion on camouflage. I think camo looks tacky as hell and wouldn't be caught dead wearing it.

If you're hunting and wearing it for necessity, more power to you. But wearing it as a fashion statement? No thanks.

You guys can have your opinion on camouflage. I think camo looks tacky as hell and wouldn't be caught dead wearing it.

If you're hunting and wearing it for necessity, more power to you. But wearing it as a fashion statement? No thanks.
Wearing too much Camo while hunting is a good way to get shot.

Also by the way, Camo is pretty popular in inner city culture. Also currently considered high fashion. So I guess you are the tacky one.

I'm just not the kind of guy who stomps around in boots with a wad of tobacco and a gun. Blech.

I grew up hunting and nobody I ever hunted with chewed. I had an uncle that did chew and he wouldn't get his fat, lazy ass out of his recliner except for meals, bedtime and work. I think you could have skipped the '--edit--'

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is like a mini melt down, fun to see. And, in your honor tonight, I am going to wear one of my "MANY, MANY" camo caps. But, should I wear the red camo Husker cap, the brown, or the green? I also have a dandy BassProShops camo with the American Flag. Perhaps I will wear that one, be all camo and patriotic at the same time.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is like a mini melt down, fun to see. And, in your honor tonight, I am going to wear one of my "MANY, MANY" camo caps. But, should I wear the red camo Husker cap, the brown, or the green? I also have a dandy BassProShops camo with the American Flag. Perhaps I will wear that one, be all camo and patriotic at the same time.

It's not a meltdown. I'm not emotional about it.

And I realize I'm in the minority. But I have my opinion and it's one that I'm 100% comfortable with.

Frosty camouflage.jpg

Osborne.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a meltdown. I'm not emotional about it.

And I realize I'm in the minority. But I have my opinion and it's one that I'm 100% comfortable with.
No worries. I particularly like camo. I have a digital camo cap in green, from the Palm Beach Shooting Center, that I absolutely love. And yeah, it kinda was a mini melt down, and it was emotional, LOL.

No worries. I particularly like camo. I have a digital camo cap in green, from the Palm Beach Shooting Center, that I absolutely love. And yeah, it kinda was a mini melt down, and it was emotional, LOL.
I should add, I don't smoke, I don't chew or dip as I think all tobacco is disgusting. I'm sure you've seen a post or 10 about my thoughts on cigars, absolutely disgusting things. However, if a fellow wants to puff on one of those turds, hey, by all means, puff away. Just do it at home, not in public. :thumbsup:

I should add, I don't smoke, I don't chew or dip as I think all tobacco is disgusting. I'm sure you've seen a post or 10 about my thoughts on cigars, absolutely disgusting things. However, if a fellow wants to puff on one of those turds, hey, by all means, puff away. Just do it at home, not in public. :thumbsup:
I smoked cigars before I had kids, and I'll probably smoke more cigars after my kids are grown, and then I'll probably not smoke cigars when my future grandkids are around. I agree about the smell of someone else's cigar smoke, but mine? Mine smell awesome. It's kind of like farts, I guess. I don't want to ever make children, especially mine, think that it's okay to start smoking, but once they're older, we can have a talk about how a couple cigars per month isn't the same as 2 packs of cigs per day.

As for chewing tobacco, I'll leave that for the South Dakota State cheerleaders to enjoy. It keeps them from grazing on the grass.

I smoked cigars before I had kids, and I'll probably smoke more cigars after my kids are grown, and then I'll probably not smoke cigars when my future grandkids are around. I agree about the smell of someone else's cigar smoke, but mine? Mine smell awesome. It's kind of like farts, I guess. I don't want to ever make children, especially mine, think that it's okay to start smoking, but once they're older, we can have a talk about how a couple cigars per month isn't the same as 2 packs of cigs per day.

As for chewing tobacco, I'll leave that for the South Dakota State cheerleaders to enjoy. It keeps them from grazing on the grass.
That right there is hilarious. Thanks for the chuckle, really good stuff.
:Cheers:

Also by the way, Camo is pretty popular in inner city culture. Also currently considered high fashion. So I guess you are the tacky one.

Not being a fashionista myself, I don't really care what anyone wears in public, as long as everything that needs to be covered in public is covered. In private, clothing optional is fine.

As for wearing camo as a fashion statement, I will say what I said when the "stressed jeans" became fashionable. "I wish those people had wear those jeans for the same reason others had to wear them. Because they couldn't afford to wear anything better."

As for the young ladies wearing the camo, I think it would be interesting to watch them wearing camo in a thickly wooded, potentially very hot (or cold) and wet, mud up to your knees, carrying a relatively heavy firearm. It could be entertaining to tell them they need to keep quiet and no whining (or those opposing side them might shoot them).

Some of these ladies might be okay with that, but I doubt it.

As for the young ladies wearing the camo, I think it would be interesting to watch them wearing camo in a thickly wooded, potentially very hot (or cold) and wet, mud up to your knees, carrying a relatively heavy firearm. It could be entertaining to tell them they need to keep quiet and no whining (or those opposing side them might shoot them).

Some of these ladies might be okay with that, but I doubt it.

My mother, sister, and wife have NOT been hunting with me, but my sister-in-law (city girl) and all three of my oldest nieces hunt, and they are all quite at home in nature.

This reply has more to do with the "hair's getting a little thinner" remark. I don't no how prone you are to sunburn, but the mesh caps allow the scalp to get burned. And believe me, there is no worse place to get a sunburned than a balding scalp. I learned this the hard way.:(

You've obviously never went skinny dipping. :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back