• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State website states "Nebraska could be biggest threat to Big Ten title reign for Ohio State"

I love how they bend over backwards to give excuses why last year's game was so close:

Even last year in the Horseshoe with an overmatched roster, Frost was able to give the Buckeyes a scare. Granted, Ohio State didn’t exactly turn in its finest effort of the season. And it’s a virtual certainty that the revamped defense won’t be anywhere near as poor as the unit former defensive coordinator Greg Schiano put on the field last year.
Don’t we make the same type of excuses for poor performance and loses? Ohio state was up or down all year in 2018. There were times their quarterback looked like a Heisman winner and their team a national championship contender. I think we’d all be kidding ourselves if we say we got their A game.

Last edited:

I-80 goes through Lincoln.
Don't speed
FB_IMG_1557280927825.jpg

I believe it's absolutely stunning how quickly SF has things turned around. Obviously we're not where we want to be yet but MANY people acknowledge there's trouble brewing in Lincoln. When was the last time Nebraska was put almost on par with an Ohio State? Folks that should be ringing the alarm bell is every team in our division. Was ANYONE thinking UCF had any chance to go 12-0 Frosts 2nd year? I'm not suggesting we're going undefeated but we certainly have an excellent chance at winning our division imo.

We can be absolutly certain SF has his goals set on getting to and winning the CCG! Anything less isn't in SF's DNA. Nebraska won't be sneaking up on teams this season! IMO we have one of top 5 or 6 QB's in the nation who could well lead us to a special season.

Don’t we make the same type of excuses for poor performance and loses? Ohio state was up or down all year in 2018. There were times their quarterback looked like a Heisman winner and their team a national championship contender. I think we’d all be kidding ourselves if we say we got their A game.

They certainly could have looked past us. They had beaten us by a combined 118-17 the previous two years, we were 2-10 in our last 12 games, and Michigan had slaughtered us 56-10 just a few weeks earlier. At that point we didn't exactly look like a challenge to them.

Reading the article. I do not necessarily take it to mean we win the B1G although they certainly leave that option open. It is more about the fact that if NE beats tOSU they may not get the opportunity to play in the CCG.

I believe it's absolutely stunning how quickly SF has things turned around. Obviously we're not where we want to be yet but MANY people acknowledge there's trouble brewing in Lincoln. When was the last time Nebraska was put almost on par with an Ohio State? Folks that should be ringing the alarm bell is every team in our division. Was ANYONE thinking UCF had any chance to go 12-0 Frosts 2nd year? I'm not suggesting we're going undefeated but we certainly have an excellent chance at winning our division imo.

We can be absolutly certain SF has his goals set on getting to and winning the CCG! Anything less isn't in SF's DNA. Nebraska won't be sneaking up on teams this season! IMO we have one of top 5 or 6 QB's in the nation who could well lead us to a special season.
Not to be nit-picky, but nothing has turned around yet. 4-8 in 2017, 4-8 in 2018. So far it's all hype and a belief that the Frost process/culture will translate into a better season 2 like it did at UCF.

Being almost on par with Ohio State during the off-season doesn't mean much. In fact, I would suggest that article was meant more as a slap in the face to Michigan than it was as a compliment to Nebraska.

Mike Riley always won the off-season. For all the good it did us.

Not to be nit-picky, but nothing has turned around yet. 4-8 in 2017, 4-8 in 2018. So far it's all hype and a belief that the Frost process/culture will translate into a better season 2 like it did at UCF.

Being almost on par with Ohio State during the off-season doesn't mean much. In fact, I would suggest that article was meant more as a slap in the face to Michigan than it was as a compliment to Nebraska.

Mike Riley always won the off-season. For all the good it did us.
Disagree but that's what makes the world go around. If you don't see the tremoudous progress Frost has made in the past 18 months then you aren't looking imo. There is a total sea change imo but I suppose if your only standard is W-L's the first year so be it. There was significant progress last season and it showed the last half of the season.

We got ZERO respect from any media under MR and that's completely different now. Of course the team needs to starting winning 9 to 10 games a season doubt anyone is debating it. For me the glass is more then half full and we'll start seeing this coming season.

You apparently see almost nothing but hype where I see a very different program now. Don't believe the article was a slap in the face to Michigan but simply pointing out OSU (with new coach) is in for a dog fight in Lincoln. Just have to see how it all plays out but I'm willing to bet we start conference play at 4-0!

Going to be a very interesting season to say the least...........

I tend to agree that the article was as much a slap in the face to Pedo State and Meechicken as it was (faint) praise for Nebraska. However, to me, the naysayers are dismissing a team that has made real progress from the 4-8 team that FHC Mike Riley fielded. Undefeated season? Probably not yet. Winning season? Definitely. Division Champs? The opportunity is there for these young men to grasp this season, although it may not happen.

Nebraska football is on it's way back to relevance, we just have to have a little more patience.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back