• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can I hear from ALL of the ‘NU has plenty of talent’ experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good morning ingrate.

Having enough talent to compete in the B1G West and not go 4-8 and having draft day talent aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm sure Elon, who has draft level players, would love your presence on their board. Flame away.
Ingrate? Hmm, is that your best effort?

Sorry, but Troy, the B1G and the NFL would snicker at your talent excuses.

When the level improves then your embarrassment will end. Simple. But 2018 wasn’t the year.

The NFL draft beyond the 2nd round has almost become a joke in the last few years. Tell me the difference between a player taken in the 5th through 7th rounds, and a player who signs a free agent contract immediately after round 7. There were a lot of name players, from schools who had much better records than NU, who didn't get drafted.

I gotta admit I took pride in the draft streak, but honestly it's become less relevant than the sellout streak. When you have a long snapper from Air Force taken in the draft before a guy who has the top 2 receiving seasons in Nebraska history, that's a joke.

I think part of this is that the depth of the draft has increased dramatically over the years and fit/scheme has become more important than ever. There are guys picked in the 4th who fit the attributes of 2nd and sometimes even 1st round picks from an athletic perspective, but teams are less likely to take chances if they don't fit from a culture/scheme perspective these days. I think that all things being equal teams value players from winning teams even more than before and played well in big games and top competition. They can't afford to have any developmental guesses that are counted on to fill a very limited roster spot.

Here's a good example - small school versus bigger school
Maxx Crosby: 6-5, 255; 4.66 40, 36" vertical, 122" broad jump, 6.89 3-cone, 4.13 shuttle, 11.35 60 yard shuttle
Josh Allen: 6-5, 262; 4.63 40, no vertical, 118 broad jump, 7.15 3-cone, 4.23 shuttle, no 60 yard shuttle

One was the 7th pick overall and the other was in the 4th round. The 4th rounder went to a small school and needs to gain bulk and strength, but the 7th pick (Allen) has some flaws also. There are a lot of reasons he went to high, but the point is that the depth in terms of athleticism is really incredible these days.

Our recruiting and S&C need to be able to get us to that point. If Eastern Michigan can crank out a guy like Crosby, we definitely should be able to get and develop guys like that as well every so often

Spin it any way you would like. But the professionals who judge players for a living gave very little respect to the draft eligible Huskers. End of story.

Maybe end of story in your narrow view. Look at Iowa's recruiting ratings over the past five years and then look at where their players were drafted this weekend. Kirk F can develop players. Thats something Mike R could not do.

Small thinker is Rick Byrd a candidate to coach from his retirement home? Only caveat is the team must relocate to Tennessee. He ain’t leaving the state.

Never said that. I said he's a great coach and someone like him but younger would be a great hire.
Now that Moos has hired great young coaches in football and basketball, what so you have left to bitch about? Concessions at Memorial Stadium?
Quite frankly, you suck as a fan.

I've been a member of this board for 2 years, and I don't recall ever seeing something positive posted by a few members on this board (a couple of them are in this thread). I'm curious why you all are here. How can you be a fan of a team yet never have anything good to say about them. Even an occasional GBR could go a long way, yet here the habitual posters are with gripes, whines, and I told you sos. It's annoying as Texas.

Player development under MR and staff was pathetic imo. One year with SF and staff isn't nearly enough time to turn things around and coach up the talent that's on the roster. Our over all talent level was diminished under MR and the NFL just spoke about with the draft.

What I want to see is a huge upgrade in our lineman (both sides) which is going to take several years. Not real concerned about the so called skill positions because we already have a great start with QB's. SF knows exactly what's needed talent wise..........

Ingrate? Hmm, is that your best effort?

Sorry, but Troy, the B1G and the NFL would snicker at your talent excuses.

When the level improves then your embarrassment will end. Simple. But 2018 wasn’t the year.

My embarrassment? What do I or any other Nebraska fan have to be embarrassed about? You’re way off base, again. Things are looking up. I honestly didn’t think we’d hear from you again until something negative happened this fall. Fred’s hiring was a kick in the sack for your Moos sucks shtick.

My embarrassment? What do I or any other Nebraska fan have to be embarrassed about? You’re way off base, again. Things are looking up. I honestly didn’t think we’d hear from you again until something negative happened this fall. Fred’s hiring was a kick in the sack for your Moos sucks shtick.
I give Moos tons of credit for that hire. Actually a big assist to TO and Harvey for getting to the B1G and all the cash. Cuz if you think Frost and Freddie are here wo the Benjamin’s then you are hopeless. Losing to Troy at home and getting shellacked by MeeChicken is embarrassing for a once proud program. You? Just keep believing no matter what the real world tells you.

There are plenty of you who were so adamant the talent was there. C’mon speak up now.

Sorry, but the NFL strongly disagree’s with you talent evaluation skills.

Shhhhhh.......be very quiet and everyone slowly move toward the exits. Do not make eye contact, do not engage in any manner whatsoever, just slowly and quietly move to the exits and upon leaving the building run to a safe distance and shelter in place. Maybe it will go away.

Last edited:

I give Moos tons of credit for that hire. Actually a big assist to TO and Harvey for getting to the B1G and all the cash. Cuz if you think Frost and Freddie are here wo the Benjamin’s then you are hopeless. Losing to Troy at home and getting shellacked by MeeChicken is embarrassing for a once proud program. You? Just keep believing no matter what the real world tells you.

You’re right. Nebraska should refuse he money they earned as B1G members because you say so. Makes sense. Even playing field with whatever crappy school you’re actually a fan of.

I am not embarrassed in the least. Alabama has a rough decade, OU sucked for much of the ‘90’s, FSU, Texas, USC, Notre Dame all fell on hard times. It happens. It’s over. I know that bothers you, but I’m happy to se it in the past.

-"Oracle, your support and love for your Husker team is awesome!"....said no one ever.

So, while we're on the subject Oracle, what team are you really doing covert ops for? My first guess would be Iowa as only an Iowa fan has both the deep-seeded hate for NU along with the lunacy and lack of tact that your posts repatedly possess, but your decent amount of vocabulary and proper use of puncuation are throwing me off.

In any case, the gig's up. Time to come clean already. You've been called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back