• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can I hear from ALL of the ‘NU has plenty of talent’ experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So having your coach plug you with scouts is a big plus. It's a small world, the NFL. Our players need extra help right now to get in. If we start churning out 9-10 wins a season the scouts won't need the help.
See, I like your post here, no hyperbole, no "I told you so" no "LMAO" because of the previous quotes. The OP is most definitely just a troll job. The thing I would change about your post however is, "When we start churning out 9 - 10 win seasons."

The NFL draft beyond the 2nd round has almost become a joke in the last few years. Tell me the difference between a player taken in the 5th through 7th rounds, and a player who signs a free agent contract immediately after round 7. There were a lot of name players, from schools who had much better records than NU, who didn't get drafted.

I gotta admit I took pride in the draft streak, but honestly it's become less relevant than the sellout streak. When you have a long snapper from Air Force taken in the draft before a guy who has the top 2 receiving seasons in Nebraska history, that's a joke.

The NFL draft beyond the 2nd round has almost become a joke in the last few years. Tell me the difference between a player taken in the 5th through 7th rounds, and a player who signs a free agent contract immediately after round 7. There were a lot of name players, from schools who had much better records than NU, who didn't get drafted.

I gotta admit I took pride in the draft streak, but honestly it's become less relevant than the sellout streak. When you have a long snapper from Air Force taken in the draft before a guy who has the top 2 receiving seasons in Nebraska history, that's a joke.
Bingo

I'm just going to assume that you realize that the NFL is an entertainment enterprise and was/is designed and predicated on making money. If the whole league decides not to draft a particular player, it could mean they know about a injury we don't or several other factors that are routinely kept in house.
It doesn't necessarily mean that Ziggy and/or Morgan won't get the NFL's version of the Husker walk on athlete and get a chance to get the league minimum contract. And, in the NFL's favor, if it works out, they get that athlete for a whole lot less money.

Anyone who watches the NFL knows that some players drafted high just don’t make it, some undrafted free agents become stars, some lower round picks become Brett Favre and Tom Brady. Point is the so called experts screw it up. Nebraska has gone 4-8 two seasons and has had three coaching changes during these guys careers. It’s really no surprise that they didn’t get drafted. Lots of former offensive linemen from the pipeline where drafted only to flame out in the NFL while guys like Slausan and Murtha had long careers. No big deal the future in bright and Oracle is a troll.

Spin it any way you would like. But the professionals who judge players for a living gave very little respect to the draft eligible Huskers. End of story.
Talk about spinning it. Now you are saying that people were claiming we had plenty of "draft eligible talent? You know darn well that we have plenty of talent based on the recruiting rankings. What the rest of us know and you want to spin is that 3 years of Riley development was too tough for Frost and company to overcome in 1 year. But what the heck.....if you want, you can make up about any reason to take a cheap shot at Moos and Frost. You get a number 1 ranking for your effort. You get last place for your results.

Spin it any way you would like. But the professionals who judge players for a living gave very little respect to the draft eligible Huskers. End of story.
So by your standard Tommie Frazier was untalented. He did not get drafted. Same with pretty much every WR in the TO area.

The fact is that the NFL looks for specific types of talent. Some of the greatest players in history were either drafted late or not drafted at all. Tom Brady and Joe Montana were considered "projects" that probably would not make it. Kurt Warner was not drafted at all.

Now I know you are probably wanting to say right now. But those are QBs that is different. OK Wes Welker, Drew pearson, Nate Newton, Priest Holmes, James Harrison, Rod Smith, Joe Jacoby, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, Warren Moon. ALL undrafted free agents.

Wes welker is the perfect example. He was too small could never handle the beating an NFL season would give. As a matter of fact the Pats have built a dynasty of guys that the "NFL" said would never make it. I remember one "analyst" a few years ago saying that the Patriots are there to show us that small white guys can play football still.

Now let's look at a few can't miss projects. Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Tony Mandarich, The Boz. Those guys were "Perfect" NFL guys. How did they turn out?

I am pretty sure that within the next two years that you will see Stanley Morgan catching passes for an NFL team.

Well, we got some free agents at least. Foster and Farmer have the statistical best chances to get on a roster. Ozigbo is going to have to pull off a miracle.

To be honest, the runningbacks coach couldn't recognize the starter until the season was half over. It makes me feel like maybe if he cannot recognize the best player in the group he doesn't check off the box with people he does not already know as being a great source for finding diamonds in the rough. The scouts on the next level depend on opinions and expertise of the coaches in the college ranks. Other times to play in the NFL it requires position coaches to network with friends in the NFL. I'm thinking either way our RB coach doesn't have that kind of pull.
yet

Yeah just look at the WR chosen in the late rounds. Most of them had far worse numbers against less competition than Stanley morgan. Olabisi Johnson had less than 800 yds playing in the MWC. Marcus Green out of UL Monore and what ever league they play in had less than 1000 yds. Also Stanley did it with another guy who was on track to get over 1000 yds until he was hurt 10 games into the season that he was sharing catches with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back