• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can I hear from ALL of the ‘NU has plenty of talent’ experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop feeding the
clown-smiley-emoticon.gif
...er...
troll-face-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif

Troll threads don't last too long. This one will be done soon...
Just have to make one point...
Spin it any way you would like. But the professionals who judge players for a living gave very little respect to the draft eligible Huskers. End of story.
Except those "experts" only evaluate talent being drafted.

Trust me, it'll get better and then you won't have to keep posting troll threads like this one.

;)

Well, we got some free agents at least. Foster and Farmer have the statistical best chances to get on a roster. Ozigbo is going to have to pull off a miracle.

To be honest, the runningbacks coach couldn't recognize the starter until the season was half over. It makes me feel like maybe if he cannot recognize the best player in the group he doesn't check off the box with people he does not already know as being a great source for finding diamonds in the rough. The scouts on the next level depend on opinions and expertise of the coaches in the college ranks. Other times to play in the NFL it requires position coaches to network with friends in the NFL. I'm thinking either way our RB coach doesn't have that kind of pull.

Well, we got some free agents at least. Foster and Farmer have the statistical best chances to get on a roster. Ozigbo is going to have to pull off a miracle.

To be honest, the runningbacks coach couldn't recognize the starter until the season was half over. It makes me feel like maybe if he cannot recognize the best player in the group he doesn't check off the box with people he does not already know as being a great source for finding diamonds in the rough. The scouts on the next level depend on opinions and expertise of the coaches in the college ranks. Other times to play in the NFL it requires position coaches to network with friends in the NFL. I'm thinking either way our RB coach doesn't have that kind of pull.

I mean Myles Gaskin was a 4 year starter, 4 year 1k yard rusher and still was barely taken in the 7th round...rb is just one of those harder to evaluate spots that you consistently see production from lower rounds or undrafted guys. I wasn't sure oz would be drafted based on his 1 year of success and no single area where he excels, he's a well rounded back that will have a shot in camp to make someones roster. Typically teams are looking for freak athletes or backs who are extremely good/have a predefined role in the draft and oz unfortunately didn't have the track record to substantiate a pick but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent to prove he deserves a spot.

Last edited:

I mean Myles Gaskin was a 4 year starter, 4 year 1k yard rusher and still was barely taken in the 7th round...rb is just one of those harder to evaluate spots that you consistently see production from lower rounds or undrafted guys. I wasn't sure oz would be drafted based on his 1 year of success and no single area where he excels, he's a well rounded back that will have a shot in camp to make someones roster. Typically teams are looking for freak athletes or backs who are extremely good/have a predefined role in the draft and oz unfortunately didn't have the track record to substantiate a pick but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent to prove he deserves a spot.

So having your coach plug you with scouts is a big plus. It's a small world, the NFL. Our players need extra help right now to get in. If we start churning out 9-10 wins a season the scouts won't need the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back