• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NIT

Lipscomb used to be NAIA, and they were always at the National Tournament in KC, and tough. Funny to see several former NAIA schools playing D1 and being successful. Chicago State, Liberty, Winthrop come to mind.
I saw them play at Kemper in the NAIA National Tournament against Midland in 1991 when they were named David Lipscomb. I was surprised when they moved up to D1...good program.

I’ve become a Lipscomb fan! They play an 80s style of game.
That could mean two things to me: they play with no shot clock - either very fast or very slow, OR they don't have a three point line. Either way it must be confusing to watch.

Bison have a large following right now from Vol Nation & the Commodore faithful ... last Tennessee team still standing. Hope they win the NIT!

That could mean two things to me: they play with no shot clock - either very fast or very slow, OR they don't have a three point line. Either way it must be confusing to watch.
They play with pace, they actually pass the ball, they even throw into the post, and when away from the ball they don’t just stand and watch. Frankly, I prefer this to the majority of what I watched during the Dance, with a few exceptions.

They play with pace, they actually pass the ball, they even throw into the post, and when away from the ball they don’t just stand and watch. Frankly, I prefer this to the majority of what I watched during the Dance, with a few exceptions.
Sounds like Amy Williams ball. One of my big frustrations was watching the women's team run plays, play defense and hit free throws when the Men's team didn't seem like they knew how to do any of that.

Sounds like Amy Williams ball. One of my big frustrations was watching the women's team run plays, play defense and hit free throws when the Men's team didn't seem like they knew how to do any of that.

What cracks me up is some think it’s boring if we don’t see a guy bouncing the ball all but 3 or 4 seconds of the shot clock. Give me great ball movement, and the ability to catch and shoot any day over the current Curly Neal skills demo. Guards are ruining a great game more often than not.

What cracks me up is some think it’s boring if we don’t see a guy bouncing the ball all but 3 or 4 seconds of the shot clock. Give me great ball movement, and the ability to catch and shoot any day over the current Curly Neal skills demo. Guards are ruining a great game more often than not.
Anyone who watches Hoosiers will find out that you pass four times before thinking about shooting. :)

Lipscomb used to be NAIA, and they were always at the National Tournament in KC, and tough. Funny to see several former NAIA schools playing D1 and being successful. Chicago State, Liberty, Winthrop come to mind.

It's surprising how many current D1 programs started out at NAIA. Some notables. Arizona State, San Diego State, Florida State, Miami, most of the Missouri Valley Conference, Houston, Texas Tech, BYU, Gonzaga to name a few. Granted, most of those played NAIA back when the NCAA was a lot more disorganized, but unless a program is a blue-blood, or has been in a P5 conference since its inception, then they likely played NAIA at some point in their past.

Anyone who watches Hoosiers will find out that you pass four times before thinking about shooting. :)
We had that guy when I was a sophomore in high school. Expecting high school sophomores to be able to string together 4 passes without a turnover was laughable.

However, if I look back on old Celtics games, who I hated at the time, it’s hard not to admire how they meshed as a team. They had 8 guys who could score, or set someone else up to score. There were times they would seem to be one upping each other, going from good pass, to better pass, to incredible pass, all in the same possession.

I love a teammate who takes as much, if not more pride in a perfect pass, as they do an individual move for a score. And honestly, it’s a huge challenge from a defensive standpoint when playing a great passer. Covering a guy who is a black hole is easy, because all I need to worry about is keeping him from the basket. Scorers/passers are a pain, because all my work defensively can go for nothing if he threads the needle for an easy score. Even worse is they can use the pass to get themselves open. A pass, that split second the defender tracks the ball, a quick cut (give and go), and I’m catching the ball as it comes through the net. Nightmare, but a lost art for too many teams.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back