• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NIT

Which was about as many as Bill Moos was at.
giphy.gif

yeah the 10 minute reset of fouls is complicated... I don't like it at all as I feel it will only encourage more fouling.

It's essentially the same rules as what the women's play with, only the men's game won't be split into quarters. The women's game goes by much quicker and the pace of play is much smoother. I initially thought the same thing, that the women's game would have more fouling, but it has really cut down on the number of long stoppages in play.

It's essentially the same rules as what the women's play with, only the men's game won't be split into quarters. The women's game goes by much quicker and the pace of play is much smoother. I initially thought the same thing, that the women's game would have more fouling, but it has really cut down on the number of long stoppages in play.
If they want to reduce the stoppages, stop rewarding the Kamikaze Crash to the basket. Either let the play go without a whistle, or lean more toward the charge. Players would need to pull up and take jumpers, so far fewer trips to the line. Traveling and palming would also reduce players driving. The advantage they let the offense gain is part of why we see guys putting on a ball handling clinic with every possession.

You know what I have learned from this little run at the end of the season? Walk-ons can work in basketball. I hadn't really seen one since Andrew Drevo work out. Tanner is a little different now since he's been starting half the season and been told to rein it in a little to stay in games. Trueblood is out there going for it though. Every ball he's on the floor. He's the glue guy that they have been missing all year - Evan Taylor was it last year. I would never have guessed it would be Trueblood on this team. Great job. I wonder who is next? Amir? Thor? Even better - Thor with confidence shooting 3's.

Last edited:

You know what I have learned from this little run at the end of the season? Walk-ons can work in basketball. I hadn't really seen one since Andrew Drevo work out. Tanner is a little different now since he's been starting half the season and been told to rein it in a little to stay in games. Trueblood is out there going for it though. Every ball he's on the floor. He's the glue guy that they have been missing all year - Evan Taylor was it last year. I would never have guessed it would be Trueblood on this team. Great job. I wonder who is next? Amir? Thor? Even better - Thor with confidence shooting 3's.
I like Thor’s length, and thought his block at the end of the Iowa game showed what he can do. Amir can be a complete pain for opponents once he’s 100%. Not having a Taylor this year was a huge mistake on Miles part. We had guys who played some D, had games they focused, but no one who made that team D energy their priority.

A coach has to know how to blend talents, and those can vary based on opponents. Heiman was miss-used regularly. Heiman has a game that’s about finesse and footwork, and he has the best moves around the basket of anyone, but Miles would match him with guys who would simply turn things into a wrestling match. Putting him in a position to get beaten up on the Defensive end, and expecting him to give you points on offense with zero confidence was stupid. Heiman should have been giving 4-8 points a game based on his offensive skills.

Miles has a vision of what he wants, and having the right players is unimportant to him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back