• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tim miles has been fired

we are if the alternative is worse. That's just solid rational logic. Just like it's not smart to quit a average to crappy job just to go work at an even crappier one.
I will take my chances with who ever moo's gets.

It was not fun anymore to go to the games.

That's just silly. A crappy hire puts us backwards.
we are if the alternative is worse. That's just solid rational logic. Just like it's not smart to quit a average to crappy job just to go work at an even crappier one.

If the next guy doesn't work out, we try, try, and try again until we get the right coach.

So, should we settle for mediocrity (Miles), just because you're afraid we might hire worse? pfft! That's what's silly.

If the next guy doesn't work out, we try, try, and try again until we get the right coach.

So, should we settle for mediocrity (Miles), just because you're afraid we might hire worse? pfft! That's what's silly.
'

How about we stop being tight asses for once and hire a legit coach and not someone bases only on extra hopeful potential only because we can get him on the cheap? A guy like FH would be a great hire and a change of this boring habit of ours.

Last edited:

'

How about we stop being tight asses for once and hire a legit coach and not someone bases only on extra hopeful potential only because we can get him on the cheap? A guy like TF would be a great hire and a change of this boring habit of ours.
Did I miss something in this thread? Who are you referring to as TF?

'

How about we stop being tight asses for once and hire a legit coach and not someone bases only on extra hopeful potential only because we can get him on the cheap? A guy like TF would be a great hire and a change of this boring habit of ours.

:wow: Where the heck did this come from?

First, you were afraid of changing coaches because they might be worse and now you're talking about hiring a higher priced coach. Nothing like changing direction in the middle of the stream.

AND, who says Moos isn't going after a higher priced coach. I don't care if it's Hoiberg, Lue or Joe Mama, I would like to see a coach worth the money he's getting paid.

Did I miss something in this thread? Who are you referring to as TF?

I'm curious, too.

Last edited:
:wow: Where the heck did this come from?

First, you were afraid of changing coaches because they might be worse and now you're talking about hiring a higher priced coach. Nothing like changing direction in the middle of the stream.

AND, who says Moos isn't going after a higher priced coach. I don't care if it's Hoiberg, Lue or Joe Mama, I would like to see a coach worth the money he's getting paid.

If we pay a below average salary then of course we want MORE than our money's worth That is what we have been doing since forever. We hope for a buy low guy that will overachieve and so far it has failed every time. You have to be lucky for that strategy to work and by now it's time to just put price on a lower priority and get a more sure thing. IDK if Moos has that same strategy or even if it's up to him or people above him. Either way yes we need stop being tight asses. It all goes together. If we fire and hire new, at least do it for something that is proven and not another hail mary on the cheap.

You mean kind of like firing FS to hire BC?? Agree with your statement....hiring a poorer coach wouldn't be a good thing. Doesn't look like that will happen, but if it did, BM would be a pretty short timer.

If we pay a below average salary then of course we want MORE than our money's worth That is what we have been doing since forever. We hope for a buy low guy that will overachieve and so far it has failed every time. You have to be lucky for that strategy to work and by now it's time to just put price on a lower priority and get a more sure thing. IDK if Moos has that same strategy or even if it's up to him or people above him. Either way yes we need stop being tight asses. It all goes together. If we fire and hire new, at least do it for something that is proven and not another hail mary on the cheap.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Do you feel Miles was underpaid? Do you feel we got the returns on the 44th highest salary paid? Look at the 40 programs below ours, and tell me how many you felt had a better return on their investment?

We aren’t cheap.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back