• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos to release "statement" re Miles after 5:00 CDT

There is no way I would ever believe Miles' future with Nebraska hinges on his team's success in the NIT. And it most certainly should not.

I'm 99.99% certain Moos has already made his decision.

I absolutely agree. That's why I don't think it's a big deal that he didn't announce Miles' firing on Friday. I believe he has his decision and is acting on it. He's just going to observe his policy of waiting until the season's end to announce it. He didn't announce Riley's firing until after the season though he clearly had made a decision and had pursued Frost prior to the announcement.

Last edited:

It's humorous to me that he thinks he can post his 'opinions' here and not suffer the consequences.

He already stated earlier in one of the other threads that he's basically "Persona Non Grata" after bringing this to light and that he knew the risk he was taking. I think he was prepared for the "snit to hit the fan/s"...and it did! :Biggrin:

I also think @Jack Riggins is not so worried about himself as much as he'd like to see our AD using outside help, even if it's not his, for all the coaches. I could be wrong but that's the way I took it.

Last edited:

Wow, I surmise that this little band of HM kool-Aiders thought ‘he must be talking about me’. Not to mention a nice recap of the dysfunction coaches are seeing.

Tell us more about the dysfunction in the department as most teams are winning or on an upward trajectory. This is fascinating. I’d like to know which coaches, and to what degree they are seeing and reacting to said dysfunction. Specifically

Last edited:
I absolutely agree. That's why I don't think it's a big deal that he didn't announce Miles' firing on Friday. I believe he has his decision and is acting on it. He's just going to observe his policy of waiting until the season's end to announce it. He didn't announce Riley's firing until after the season though he clearly had made a decision and had pursued Frost prior to the announcement.

I hope you are both right, but I'm not sure Moos has his guy lined up for sure. "If" it were Hoiberg, why would you wait to fire Miles? I don't think Moos has handled this well. "If" he has his guy lined up and Miles gets them on a roll, then he is going to have a split fan base.

I hope you are both right, but I'm not sure Moos has his guy lined up for sure. "If" it were Hoiberg, why would you wait to fire Miles? I don't think Moos has handled this well. "If" he has his guy lined up and Miles gets them on a roll, then he is going to have a split fan base.
Miles is a likable guy, and he's going to have supporters either way - already seen that here on the basketball forum. I don't think a few wins with a depleted team in the NIT is going to swing the balance of fans - and those that already support Miles aren't going to change their minds either.

I think it’s a professional move to not do the evaluation until after the season is completed. That doesn’t mean he isn’t making plans for what happens at that point.

It will only split those fans who live on 4 or 5 games worth of results, which frankly I wouldn’t care about.

I think he’s handled it exactly as he should have. Firing mid season would be a huge negative, and potentially keep some candidates from looking at us. Reaching out behind the scenes, knowing you weren’t going to base your decision on the last few games, is completely kosher as well, since he didn’t have any of the communication slip into the public.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back