• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos to release "statement" re Miles after 5:00 CDT

Bill Moos was brought here to get Scott Frost pure and simple as he wouldn't come here with Eichorst at the helm. At that time men's basketball was looking like maybe it was going to be ok and wasn't the issue like it is now. Scott Frost was an obvious hire with Riley's troubles and it was a no-brainer. This decision is going to be tougher as no one knows if the perfect coach is out there waiting!

Actually, the proper translation is that Moos has consistently stated that his evaluation of the coaching staff is not complete and he doesn’t comment on these issues during the season. The season is not yet over. He was simply getting ahead of the media ghouls who will be speculating when Moos might make an announcement regarding Miles’ status.

Sounds like, maybe, if he can find a replacement this week, Tim is gone?

Craig Smith just won his conference tourney. The first time they have won it since 2011. Is he a possibility???

Maybe. If Moos already has a replacement picked or a person in mind, it will be tough for Tim to change his mind. But if not, and the Husker perform well in the NIT, it’s anyone’s guess.

I’m wondering if a deal isn’t all but struck? And I wouldn’t blame him if it is. The longer he waits, the more teams will be in the mix. A&M is now looking, and likely will take someone at a decent school, which will open that one. UNLV is looking. Teams in similar positions as Nebraska, waiting to see if a NIT or dance call comes before determining a coach’s fate will add to the field of schools.

If he has a preliminary agreement in place, I’d call that being a shrewd business guy.

Craig Smith just won his conference tourney. The first time they have won it since 2011. Is he a possibility???
I think it was mentioned previously, but I’m not into the idea of a guy with only a year or so of being a head coach. I’m also not high on following the ‘Miles tree’ of coaching.

Riggins has proven he's a self congratulatory, self promoting douche nozzle. Moos was 100% right in banning him from the department.

That said...Moos is making a mistake in not firing now.

Riggins has proven he's a self congratulatory, self promoting douche nozzle. Moos was 100% right in banning him from the department.

I’m torn on this. Yes, he gives Miles time to play on the heart strings of the uninformed. But, since he’s said it’s an end of the season decision, he almost has to hold off. It bugs me for the media tweeting player comments about thinking Miles should stay.

I think it kind of depends. It's not a big deal and keeps him consistent with his policy if he has his guy lined up, or at least is closing in on a candidate. It's a huge mistake if he's just waiting to see what will happen with the NIT. I suspect he is actively, but quietly, pursuing the next coach. At least I hope so.

I am a family man as well, I am in FULL Support of Moos going to see his son. I actually applaud him for doing that. So I am not taking advantage of it. I will question the timing of it, with what has gone on in MBB last few months and the awesome uptick that last few weeks. For a Department that brags about "Husker Air" and the flexibility it brings to coaches etc....not to mention a nice salary to buy last minute flights as the AD....The guy could have made it all work and lots of people see it that way. Plenty don't.

So I have to support Bill Moos every decision or I am not here to help....Geez. Agenda was to be honest and bring to light something you all didn't know about. Sorry that Husker 3rd Floor is not a "Standard of Excellence" yet and has some rotten apples. Listen if the AD or his staff are worried about me, or what I say in message boards or twitter or are asking friends of mine in the department to keep me quite it just re-enforces my thoughts on these matters.

Let hope they straighten up and fly right!
You can support whichever of Moos’ decisions you like. With the interviews and social media you have been doing, though, doesn’t make me think your agenda is as altruistic as you want us to believe.

I think it kind of depends. It's not a big deal and keeps him consistent with his policy if he has his guy lined up, or at least is closing in on a candidate. It's a huge mistake if he's just waiting to see what will happen with the NIT. I suspect he is actively, but quietly, pursuing the next coach. At least I hope so.

There is no way I would ever believe Miles' future with Nebraska hinges on his team's success in the NIT. And it most certainly should not.

I'm 99.99% certain Moos has already made his decision.

Jesus man, are you that naive about the power of social media? Your little comment can get legs very quickly. This is how ridiculous articles end up in the OWH or LJS. I don't have an opinion either way about Moos yet, but it's petty bullshiit like this that makes me realize why few people ever want this damn job.
I loathed Shawn Eichorst, and I never once went on Twitter to thrown some one-sided crap out there. Why? Because it could potentially hurt the program I love.

Sparrow doesn't care about anything but getting his fluffer/consultant gig back. That's it. If anyone involved in an athletic department anywhere in the country were to read most of the content he's posted, that ain't happening. It's humorous to me that he thinks he can post his 'opinions' here and not suffer the consequences.

So letting the fans know via message board, and being honest in an OWH article (Which the reporter did a bang up job in research and presented all sides) about the inner-workings of AD 2015-Present and MBB support leading to a SNAFU of a season which provided more perspective and depth to the convo, other than "They Suck" is a bad thing?

You can bash coaches all day long with opinion and hypotheticals on "what it takes, and scheme, and recruiting opinion or culture should be there in 7 years" yet you hide behind your tag. We/have no idea your credentials other than it is your opinion and that is fine cause you are entitled to it Yet you are hyper offended my opinion and expression.

Maybe you are a hold-over from the SE era and his "Media-tracking" types, that comb the message boards and take stock like a GALLUP poll of how to "craft a response" to everything in order to control the message of the Big Red Machine. Heck, maybe you work in the AD and are currently performing that roll? idk.

My comments damaging an AD are you kidding me. He could have handled the MBB situation better, as well as people that work for him. He still is fumbling around with it...It doesn't mean the sky is falling. It means "Get that crap cleaned up". So yes, that is my agenda and it is not innocent, it is pre-planned and it is for the good of the program.

If my posting brings about positive change in the regard "Get that crap cleaned up moving forward", great. You give me too much credit and frankly too much power for one man. Every time you spew or anyone about a coach or player you are being "manipulative" via a message board platform. So i just choose another audience and you can't let this go for some reason.

Prior Status...WTH there is no insulation there. I am the one on this board "as I am", not as some tag/callsign so I can say what I want without consequences like you. I make decisions, I have opinions and I have to live with the consequences. So why don't you just tell us who you are/what you do and why it is OK to throw HEAT rounds at coaches and not the AD in your TRUE opinion?

Honor, is being able to represent who you are, where you have been, and what you believe and actually LIVE IT. Your Honor is what, spewing your stuff behind that tag at me and coaches...You don't like the truth and you don't like the mechanism cause it doesn't support your view. Too bad.

Get over it. You don't like getting punched in the face when the narrative isn't one you blindly believe in or have justified in your mind without research or fact based evidence. I am happy thousands more people are examining an area in NU that there was very little light until recently. That is good for the program.
Wow, I surmise that this little band of HM kool-Aiders thought ‘he must be talking about me’. Not to mention a nice recap of the dysfunction coaches are seeing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back