• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5 candidates to replace a possibility fired TM...

I wouldn’t count Oats out. Just depends on the search criteria. Wouldn’t be shocked if they gave Miles another year Surprised, yes, but not shocked.

Honestly if Moos is making a move, I hope Oats is somewhere in the mix of those he is/has been reaching out to, even with the recent extension.

I tend to lean toward Hoiberg personally, but there are things to like about Oats and his approach would resonate in Nebraska.

The way the Huskers played toward the end, undermanned as they were, it will seem to many to be a mistake to let Miles go. He got a real love fest from BTU annnouncers the other night.

The way the Huskers played toward the end, undermanned as they were, it will seem to many to be a mistake to let Miles go. He got a real love fest from BTU annnouncers the other night.
The same guys who said when they were losing badly, that they had too much talent and too much quality in coaching to be this bad...then placed the blame on the players.

The morons failed to discuss why they seemed completely unprepared, but coaches rarely feed on each other, so it’s simply circling the wagons.

Last edited:
Three games against middling teams doesn’t undo what has been the norm for a majority of his tenure. I really like Miles, but sheesh, who does he have coming in as big men next season? Heiman needs 40 pounds. With the right tutelage, I could see him as a Happ type player. But that’s two seasons down the road, optimistically. Anyone else as a decent Big 10 big man on Miles’ next season roster?

Three games against middling teams doesn’t undo what has been the norm for a majority of his tenure. I really like Miles, but sheesh, who does he have coming in as big men next season? Heiman needs 40 pounds. With the right tutelage, I could see him as a Happ type player. But that’s two seasons down the road, optimistically. Anyone else as a decent Big 10 big man on Miles’ next season roster?
like always he will shoot for a grad transfer.

I’m not totally connected, so can someone answer my question in regards to our projected players for the 4 and 5 spots next year?
Ease my concern and obvious ignorance

like always he will shoot for a grad transfer.
Miles has historically gone with transfers that need to sit a season. Is he hoping for more liberal transfer rules? Or does he have a big guy sitting out now? Or a high school big man slotted to enroll in the fall?

I will say that four game stretch was as good as they have played since December . Unfortunately for Miles, the calendar still includes January and February .

Was told today that signs are pointing to Hoiberg. 7 year $28 million contract is the rumor. Will be interesting to see if it's true. Wouldn't mind seeing this hire happen. Was also told by a different person they are hearing talk of Miles going to Kansas State as an assistant. Seems strange as I believe he can find another head coaching job in D1. Interesting times ahead for Husker Hoops.

Was told today that signs are pointing to Hoiberg. 7 year $28 million contract is the rumor. Will be interesting to see if it's true. Wouldn't mind seeing this hire happen. Was also told by a different person they are hearing talk of Miles going to Kansas State as an assistant. Seems strange as I believe he can find another head coaching job in D1. Interesting times ahead for Husker Hoops.
4 mil per? Really? Wow!! Hard to believe Moos would put up that kind of moolah!!

I don't know any boosters of substance... but some of the more connected DONU acquaintances from my past are saying Hoiberg... FWIW.

Sounds like a step up if true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back