• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers fans should pay close attention to the Rams defense today

I'd like to see the Rams run the ball once or twice and mix in a pass to the flats to Gurley. The Pats defense is moving around so much that a simple play could break big if they're out of position.

Brady doesn't look comfortable. The Rams defense has done a pretty good job, and they're in great shape for the 2nd half. If the Pats keep throwing the ball, the Rams D-line is going to be increasingly disruptive.

I agree with what Romo just said: Edelman is the only one hurting them in the first half.

Hightower was talked about as being possibly banged up coming into this game, but he's had the game of his life. He'd be my pick right now (Rams just scored their 1st FG) for MVP if the Pats win.

Zeurlein would be my pick if the Rams win.

Last edited:
The Rams defense has been excellent, but the Patriots defense has manhandled the Rams offensive line. If you would have told me that the Patriots would score 13 points, I would have bet on the Rams to win.

Suh looked slow in the 2nd half. The Rams D-line wore down. Credit for that goes to the Patriots O-line. Well done.

Goff did almost nothing to help his team while making some bad throws and decisions. McVay was for sure badly out coached and admitted it after the game. The Rams D gave up over 400 yds but few points while Pats D played absolutely lights. After all that the Rams were still in the game with only 4 mins left. Goff tossed the INT and that was nail in the coffin.

I thought it would come down to penalties, turnovers and scoring in the RZ. As it turns out neither team were able to get to the RZ much. I wonder if the Saints with Brees would have given the Pats more problems but that ship had sailed.

Lots of people complaining it was a boring game and it was to some extent. On the other hand the NFL has been pushing pin ball type high scoring games for a long time. Almost all the rule changes have been slanted to help offenses score, score and more scoring! So many folks no longer like nor appreciate tight hard fought defensive games imo.

Bottom line it's still difficult great coaching and experience. Brady made his mistakes but NOT when the game was on the line. This isn't the Brady of old but more of game manager then a super star QB imo. The Pats rode this SB title on the backs of some great defensive play while the offense did just enough to win!

Last edited:

The Rams defense has been excellent, but the Patriots defense has manhandled the Rams offensive line. If you would have told me that the Patriots would score 13 points, I would have bet on the Rams to win.

Suh looked slow in the 2nd half. The Rams D-line wore down. Credit for that goes to the Patriots O-line. Well done.
Story of the game was the two offensive lines ... Patriots made the Rams O-Line look bad. The Patriots O-Line wasn't perfect but ultimately much more stout than the Rams!

Goff did almost nothing to help his team while making some bad throws and decisions. McVay was for sure badly out coached and admitted it after the game. The Rams D gave up over 400 yds but few points while Pats D played absolutely lights. After all that the Rams were still in the game with only 4 mins left. Goff tossed the INT and that was nail in the coffin.
I don't think the issue was Goff ... the issue was he didn't have a lot of time. Rams O-Line was poor at best yesterday!

I don't think the issue was Goff ... the issue was he didn't have a lot of time. Rams O-Line was poor at best yesterday!
I thought Goff made a lot of very poor throws? Even when he had time he wasn't accurate and missed some wide open receivers. Great QB's find ways to make plays and he clearly didn't do that last night. He's a very good QB that had a very poor game imo. I agree the Rams O-line got schooled and didn't get it done. It's funny because all the talk how the Rams D line would be in Brady's face really didn't materialize very much! Over all I thought the Pats O-line handled the Rams and was great to see Rex have that critical run. Obviously the Pats trust Rex in critical situations......

Hope Chin brings something better than that. :Bananalazy::Banana:

I don't know...Keeping one of the All time best QB's confused on pass coverage's, and to just 1 TD all day is pretty darn good defense. Brady had guys in his face all day. The lack of offense by Goff and the Rams really did them in, the defense did their job, including getting that early INT.

I don't know...Keeping one of the All time best QB's confused on pass coverage's, and to just 1 TD all day is pretty darn good defense. Brady had guys in his face all day. The lack of offense by Goff and the Rams really did them in, the defense did their job, including getting that early INT.
What did in the Rams was the Pats defense.... end of story!

I agree. If we were told before the game that the Patriots would only score 13 points ... 99.9% of us would have predicted a Rams victory.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back