• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Missouri handed some big time punishment

"The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

See, the NCAA is really investigating the SEC.. really.

Seems like an apt time to mention that the very first NU-MU game was canceled. Mizzou forfeited because Nebraska had - A BLACK GUY! - on our roster.

"Equality Before The Law."

"Show-Me State."

You would be referencing George Flippin.Take a look at his pic in this profile and see if he reminds you of any pictures you've seen lately.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_86b5f963-dd2c-505d-83f9-a55526afa784.html

Yup, I knew you used George as your profile pic on here. Just another great chapter in Nebraska's legacy.

I love our titles and wins. But I love stories like Flippin, Team Jack and Brook Berringer more. Winning - the right way.

To me, George Flippin represents all that I've found admirable about Nebraska Cornhusker football tradition. He was a phenomenal athlete in multiple sports, but then he walked away from all of that before his senior year because academics needed to be the only focus so he could become a doctor. The fact that he was also a black athlete at a time when that wasn't even allowed as close by as Missouri just makes his story even more special. I wish that Nebraska did more to promote his memory.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back