• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Missouri handed some big time punishment

Because if there wasn't a loss of bowl/playoff games, schools would just pay the fines and replace the student advisers and faculty and repeat the process.
By the time the NCAA finds the offenses, the games have already been played. It's all about getting key (struggling)players through the classroom and onto the field.

The only way to make sure schools quit doing this crap is to keep them out of the money games. The un-involved athletes are simply a casualty of war. The guilt of unfair punishment is intended to help keep the coaches, faculty, and offending students from choosing the wrong path.

again, I think that is an outdated way of handling things. If that is the "only way" why does it continue to happen?

again, I think that is an outdated way of handling things. If that is the "only way" why does it continue to happen?

Yeah, there's plenty of outdated thinking in the world today. We're slow to evolve.

Why does it still happen? Some folks are always going to try to cut corners. It's human nature. There's no set of rules or law you could put in place that would effectively eliminate cheating.

Last edited:
My guess is even though it happens, it happens a lot less knowing that an institution is going to get punished rather than an individual, that can just leave.

The NCAA isn't going to throw down the gauntlet with the big money programs. Everyone else in the D1 and D2 ranks needs to look out. Some of the crap they hand down in D2 is laughable.

First post...been a lurker for a couple of years. IMO this is a pretty serious deal, although not as bad as the NC deal of fake classes for players to attend. Wonder if Bryant will transfer again...LOL
From one previous lurker to another...welcome!

I’m not going to shed a tear for mizzou...one of 3 black & yellow/gold teams I can’t stand along with iowa and cu.

Mizzou self-reported the infractions, correct?

So, the question is, as the penalty seems wildly over-the-top considering the NC case, why would anyone self-report infractions in the future? It's past time to put the NCAA out to pasture. P5 and whoever wants to tag along need to form a new governing body.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back