• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ranking the walk ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Native

ToungeInCheek since 2010
Staff member
10 Year Member
1. Adam Kucera 6',6" 285 DL Litchfield, Ne
2. Eddie Ridder, TE, Elkhorn, NE , 6-6, 225
3. Aaron Hayes 6'4" 265lb OL Elkhorn, Ne
4. Will Sailors 6-4, 245 OL, Lincoln, Ne
5. Chris Long, 6'4", OL, Blair, Ne
6. Jack Gangwish 6'3" DE Wood River, Ne
7. Sam Burtch 6'3" WR, Elmwood-Murdock Ne
8. Anthony Ridder 6'2", 195 LB, West Point, Ne C.C.
9. Greg Milliken 6'1" 195lb Ath. Wahoo, Ne
10. Tyson Broekemeier 6'1"-180 QB, Aurora Ne
11. Nathaniel Allen 6' 270lb DL Ainsworth, Ne
12. Broderick Boehm 5-11, 205 Lb Lincoln, Ne
13. Derek Slaughter - LB, Pelham, Alabama, 5-11, 200
14. Murat Kuzu, RB, Plano TX, 5-11, 190
15. Richard Wynne 5'8' 176 RB Omaha Ne

I am fairly confident in these rankings being accurate. The first critera was height, followed by weight. As it happened both of our 6'3" guys didn't have a reported weight so they may be backwards, but I used the assumption that the DE was heavier than the WR.

Glad to have every one of them.

I just copied the list from the top of the confirmed walk on thread. HuskerMax is my only source. Glad to know I guessed Gangwish and Burtch correctly :)

For my two cents, I thought Tyson Broekemeier had a shot at a lower-conference scollie. Not sure he will make a wave at Nebraska, but I thought a school like Akron or Eastern Michigan or someone on their level might bite. UNLV was interested at one point.

Last edited:
For my two cents, I thought Tyson Broekemeier had a shot at a lower-conference scollie. Not sure he will make a wave at Nebraska, but I thought a school like Akron or Eastern Michigan or someone on their level might bite.

Any other walk-ons you had a similar feeling about?

It's very cool for them, they get to live out a dream. I can only say I played (got of the field) in high school against a couple guys who were able to walkon or play at NU.

I am assuming that you are ranking size only, and not ability?

Yep, important stuff. :) Everyone of them could kick my butt. Thought my ranking system might be a fun way to entice out a bit of relevent info from someone else.

For my two cents, I thought Tyson Broekemeier had a shot at a lower-conference scollie. Not sure he will make a wave at Nebraska, but I thought a school like Akron or Eastern Michigan or someone on their level might bite. UNLV was interested at one point.

I work for a hybrid corn company between Grand Island and Aurora in the summers, his older brother as you know played baseball and basketball for the Huskers, but everybody in Aurora says he's by far the most athletic of the three Broekemeier brothers. Hopefully he's our next Todd Peterson.

Word was he was going to go to Iowa Western CC until he decided to walk on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back