• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njoku is a freshman to be, where as the possible Miami grad transfer, would prob only have 1 year to make his mark.... ones decision should hardly affect the other, we wouldnt be going after the Miami player if we didnt think he could come in and immediately make the 2 deep and or compete for starting position. Prob cant expect that of the freshman to be.

Agreed. Not sure why Njoku and Cager would be an either / or decision. As far as I remember, we have zero of that size of WR currently on the roster.

I would certainly consider take both if we could.
Cager doesn't have to make/announce a decision by Feb. 6 signing date, so the attrition that happens during the spring will open up room for him. Whereas Njoku's decision impacts the recruiting class +3 numbers. If they both want N and the staff wants both, there will be room at the N.

Last edited:

Wrong
In the 1990s UCLA had 1 Sweet Sixteen, 2 great 8s and a National Championship. No way to spin that into saying they were down since Wooden. Maybe not as successful as Wooden, but certainly not down.
NU never had any run like that after TO, but nice try. Its a bball school, although you are correct in that theyve been down in recent years
Kind of aggressive response, but accurate. Having been a huge UCLA fan since the days of Sidney Wicks, I’ll agree with RR that it never felt the same after he left. It lost some of the class, even though they had some definite success. They too made some knee jerk decisions when coaches failed to fill the Wooden shoes as they felt they should. Consider this:

Barrow-85%
Cunningham-86%

Both all but run off by the pressure to match Wooden’s success. They follow with the Brown, Farmer and Hazzard show, which proved just because you can play, doesn’t mean you can coach, or have scruples.

Harrick was good, got them another championship, but got bounced for a petty infraction. A Lavin, Howland and Alford later, and they find themselves looking for the answer yet again.

Last edited:
Kind of aggressive response, but accurate. Having been a huge UCLA fan since the days of Sidney Wicks, I’ll agree with RR that it never felt the same after he left. It lost some of the class, even though they had some definite success. They too made some knee jerk decisions when coaches failed to fill the Wooden shoes as they felt they should. Consider this:

Barrow-85%
Cunningham-86%

Both all but run off by the pressure to match Wooden’s success. They follow with the Brown, Farmer and Hazzard show, which proved just because you can play, doesn’t mean you can coach, or have scruples.

Harrick was good, got them another championship, but got bounced for a petty infraction. A Lavin, Howland and Alford later, and they find themselves looking for the answer yet again.

They need to find another Sam Gilbert. Allegedly.

CB for Njoku to NU just a few minutes ago by 247 Guru, Steve Wiltfong.

It would almost appear that he also put in a pick for Stephen Parker? I don't think Parker had a CB pick for NU before today, but its hidden so I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Good news, but would feel even better if his CB was entered AFTER Njoku's UCLA visit.
I agree. Almost makes you think UCLA may not offer, since I believe he doesn't have an offer from them though I have heard he will be offered once he visits. Wiltfong is a "big deal" as it goes for CB's and general recruiting info, and since this is the 1st CB for Njoku, and not just an "everyone else put in a CB for him so I will too" situation, I am a little bit more optimistic.

It would almost appear that he also put in a pick for Stephen Parker? I don't think Parker had a CB pick for NU before today, but its hidden so I don't know for sure.
He did, as I stated in an thread. I believe me posting a hidden CB is not against Husker Max BBS rules as if you dig enough, even without insider info, you can determine CB picks.

CB for Njoku to NU just a few minutes ago by 247 Guru, Steve Wiltfong.
Can I decipher from all that we know at this point based (and everybody knows I do no research outside this forum) on evidence or lack there of, is that Chip has invited Njoku out to UCLA for a mutual 'show and tell' without an offer...basically Chip wants a test drive Njoku before an offer goes out. That's why Njoku has hinted an Nterest because we are his insurance policy.
As the coffee lady would say... Discuss amongst ourselves.

I agree. Almost makes you think UCLA may not offer, since I believe he doesn't have an offer from them though I have heard he will be offered once he visits. Wiltfong is a "big deal" as it goes for CB's and general recruiting info, and since this is the 1st CB for Njoku, and not just an "everyone else put in a CB for him so I will too" situation, I am a little bit more optimistic.
You type faster than me, but I've got this big fat index finger on a tiny little phone waiting to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back