• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Safety Myles Farmer is N

So our 2 OLB commits are guys we are moving there from other positions? Little scary when you consider we need help there immediately.
Sort of agree but...isn't this exactly what we did in the 90s when we moved to the 4-3? We moved safeties to OLB to increase the speed. Both of these guys seem to be tall enough and appear to be able to pack on the extra pounds. Hopefully one will be a Lavonte David type. Many folks thought he should be a safety. Now I know David is a physical freak and probably unfair to expect someone else to meet that standard. Just pointing out that sometimes not following the standard path can lead to fantastic results.

So our 2 OLB commits are guys we are moving there from other positions? Little scary when you consider we need help there immediately.

The LJS article said he would start at safety. It mentioned the possibility of him playing CB, S, OLB or even WR. It seems like we are taking athletes and then figuring out where they fit once they get here and Duval gets his hands on them.

I would hope that we are looking to bring in an OLB or two that can come in and have a chance to compete right away at that position.

Sort of agree but...isn't this exactly what we did in the 90s when we moved to the 4-3? We moved safeties to OLB to increase the speed. Both of these guys seem to be tall enough and appear to be able to pack on the extra pounds. Hopefully one will be a Lavonte David type. Many folks thought he should be a safety. Now I know David is a physical freak and probably unfair to expect someone else to meet that standard. Just pointing out that sometimes not following the standard path can lead to fantastic results.
Lots of differences between the 90s example and now. I guess what I was getting at, when we need help at OLB next year, would be nice to have Tannor and Jean-Baptiste committed like we did last year. Two highly rated recruits that played the position.

Dru Mathis could help w/ that. Not recruiting the type of HS talent at OLB to step right in and play anyhow. Nothing wrong w/ using that Redshirt to get him a year in the system and a year in the weight room. Probably need another JUCO or hope they get in late on a top OLB (not likely. Don’t see Lloyd coming to Lincoln either).

Dru Mathis could help w/ that. Not recruiting the type of HS talent at OLB to step right in and play anyhow. Nothing wrong w/ using that Redshirt to get him a year in the system and a year in the weight room. Probably need another JUCO or hope they get in late on a top OLB (not likely. Don’t see Lloyd coming to Lincoln either).
Tannor played right away and the better of the 2 decommitted last minute to go to Ohio State.

Lots of differences between the 90s example and now. I guess what I was getting at, when we need help at OLB next year, would be nice to have Tannor and Jean-Baptiste committed like we did last year. Two highly rated recruits that played the position.
Welcome N, youngster! Gotta like it when a teammate says sometimes he almost stops to watch him play.

The WLB spot that Gifford and Domann are growing into is a little different than the Trev Alberts side. I think they have to address that soon. You think they don't have interest with the required players?

As I was posting on Friday that Farmer was visiting this past weekend, I was thinking that he might be a good candidate to become one of the next commitments.

I know it's been discussed in this thread, but I thought this quote that I posted in the official visit thread should be posted again because this praise is coming from another coach, Kenyatta Watson from Grayson High School.

Watson’s son, Kenyatta Jr., is a touted cornerback prospect and a Texas verbal commit who trains in the Atlanta area with Farmer. That’s allowed the elder Watson to see the Husker target up close and personal.

“Stud,” Watson said of Farmer. “That’s the only way I know to describe him. Once he’s in college, I really think he’s going to be an outside linebacker. He’s 6-3 about 205 right now. He’s a big-ass kid. He’s a hard worker, he’s got unbelievable ball skills. He can play.”

Journal Star Link

Welcome N!!! Farmers welcome from all states!!!

Welcome N, youngster! Gotta like it when a teammate says sometimes he almost stops to watch him play.

The WLB spot that Gifford and Domann are growing into is a little different than the Trev Alberts side. I think they have to address that soon. You think they don't have interest with the required players?
Curious on that. Tannor and JJB came out of nowhere to commit last year. Hoping something like that happens this year. I have faith there.

Tannor played right away and the better of the 2 decommitted last minute to go to Ohio State.

Played, yes, but it's not as if he's had a major impact. He's eating up snaps. Not a great pass rusher, yet. Another year in the weight room and scheme would have benefited him more, but that depth isn't there. Ideally, you have a Junior/Senior or Redshirt Sophomore that could provide the same type of depth that Tannor is. Aside from Martinez, we should have redshirted everybody, but our lack of depth right now doesn't allow for it.

Summerall coming to Lincoln is a tough pull. He is playing a little for the moment...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back