• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Safety Myles Farmer is N

You are comparing what he’s doing at Ohio state compared to here. Our starters would be redshirting in columbus too.

If we are poo-poo’ing JJB and Tannor as recruits we are screwed. We need another commit like those two at OLB from the high school ranks.

My point is just that we shouldn’t be concerned about taking a project at OLB because we shouldn’t have to rely on them as Freshman to contribute immediately. Those types of recruits are good-gets, but the fact we’re saying we need them for depth next year, is not a good sign.

You’re right in your assertion that we need immediate help, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that it’s too bad that’s the case and we can’t give them a year to mature/learn like some other schools can. I’m not poo-poo’ing that type of recruit. I’ll take Baptiste and Tannor every day all day. Just pointing out how poorly managed and developed the roster is right now.

My point is just that we shouldn’t be concerned about taking a project at OLB because we shouldn’t have to rely on them as Freshman to contribute immediately. Those types of recruits are good-gets, but the fact we’re saying we need them for depth next year, is not a good sign.

You’re right in your assertion that we need immediate help, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that it’s too bad that’s the case and we can’t give them a year to mature/learn like some other schools can. I’m not poo-poo’ing that type of recruit. I’ll take Baptiste and Tannor every day all day. Just pointing out how poorly managed and developed the roster is right now.
I think that's my point. Where are we at recruiting OLBs when we clearly need help there, that we are contemplating moving a guy down to that spot in our recruiting class. No one likes that we get put in spots where we need someone to come in and contribute, but that's where we are at.

I think that's my point. Where are we at recruiting OLBs when we clearly need help there, that we are contemplating moving a guy down to that spot in our recruiting class. No one likes that we get put in spots where we need someone to come in and contribute, but that's where we are at.

Completely agree. This would be such a different conversation if Jean-Baptiste committed. But like you said, it’s the situation we’re in now.

I guess I see as this staff has a clear vision of what it wants to do on defense and are in the process of recruiting the athletes needed. The foundation is in place and now we need to strengthen them brick by brick! You are always in a bad place if an incoming freshman has to be an immediate contributor unless they are just an outstanding player. I am hoping 3-4 years down the road, this pick looks like a no-brainer!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back