• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I'm sure it's already been said, but

Though I agree,..but we also have to understand that not every successful QB in this conference have been big guys. Denard Robinson was about the same height, maybe 5 or 10 lbs heavier by the time he was done at Michigan. Drew Brees was the same. Russell Wilson was just under 200 lbs coming from NC State as well. I'm sure there are other examples, but those names come to mind immediately.
I agree there are always exceptions. Robinson was an OUTSTANDING athlete with 4.34 speed as evidenced by him playing RB in the NFL? Wilson is/was also an outstanding athlete (very fast) and has a very stocky build. There's nothing skinny about Wilson but he's also been hurt some in the NFL. Probably Drew Brees is the best example of a QB more like Milton. I don't believe Milton is going to make it in the NFL because of his size but it will interesting to see how that plays out.....

The rats do scatter when the fact cats come to play. What an exit. Maybe this time its permanent.

Milton was only a dozen points away from undefeated as a freshman, so absolutely no parallel to Martinez.

Milton makes very few blunders. He performs in big games. No comparison.

So few words...so many mistakes. Gotta be a record.

Yes, my post was meant to be pure silliness, just like the anointing of a 2-7 Husker player at any position as being the next Huskers great. Milton obviously was a couple starts away from being responsible for some of UCF losses his freshman year, the same as Martinez isn't blamed for Troy State. A dozen points would have drastically improved Milton's record, just was not truly undefeated in games he started and finished. But no doubt he did it with a crew that hadn't seen a win under the QB he superseded.

I'm more concerned with Martinez as a leader. A future winner usually pulls out a win early on in their career. So far all heartbreaking and no upsetting. Guys like Martinez are fun to watch, but I'm looking for game wins not moral victories. Jamal Lord blew away Crouch's records, and in the end "me-ball" sunk the team. Martinez is like Lord crushing the stats at the expense of game wins. Martinez is not the guy getting us to an undefeated season. Ohio State literally tried to feed him an upset situation, but he stubbornly refused to take the opportunity. The greats never seem to look gift horses in the mouth like that.

Last edited:
Yes, my post was meant to be pure silliness, just like the anointing of a 2-7 Husker player at any position as being the next Huskers great. Milton obviously was a couple starts away from being responsible for some of UCF losses his freshman year, the same as Martinez isn't blamed for Troy State. A dozen points would have drastically improved Milton's record, just was truly undefeated in games he started and finished. But no doubt he did it with a crew that hadn't seen a win under the QB he superseded.

I'm more concerned with Martinez as a leader. A future winner usually pulls out a win early on in their career. So far all heartbreaking and no upsetting. Guys like Martinez are fun to watch, but I'm looking for game wins not moral victories. Jamal Lord blew away Crouch's records, and in the end "me-ball" sunk the team. Martinez is like Lord crushing the stats at the expense of game wins. Martinez is not the guy getting us to an undefeated season. Ohio State literally tried to feed him an upset situation, but he stubbornly refused to take the opportunity. The greats never seem to look gift horses in the mouth like that.

So you are doubling down on your anti-AM position? For the love of God, man! The kid is electric. He makes good decisions. Has made some mistakes. But is a great passer, and good runner. There is nothing not to like about him. You just want to be the first to say, “I told you so,” if there is some collapse in his tenure.

So you are doubling down on your anti-AM position? For the love of God, man! The kid is electric. He makes good decisions. Has made some mistakes. But is a great passer, and good runner. There is nothing not to like about him. You just want to be the first to say, “I told you so,” if there is some collapse in his tenure.

I've watch NU repeatedly turn to exciting players expecting them to magically turn into winners. The difference between our winners and mediocre results was the raw number of mistakes on the field. We are at the part of our recovery phase where we need to remove mistakes from the offense. I have no qualms trading flash for reliability. The guy running the machine needs to be flawless to beat teams game to game in the B1G.

I've watch NU repeatedly turn to exciting players expecting them to magically turn into winners. The difference between our winners and mediocre results was the raw number of mistakes on the field. We are at the part of our recovery phase where we need to remove mistakes from the offense. I have no qualms trading flash for reliability. The guy running the machine needs to be flawless to beat teams game to game in the B1G.

Without AM, NU loses to OSU by an awful lot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back