• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I'm sure it's already been said, but

HuskerRedDread

Blackshirt
10 Year Member
Adrian Martinez is legit. Regardless of the results of this season as far as record......that kid is a BALLER.

I haven't been able to participate on the forum as much as I would like to this year or the last couple years, but I do try to catch a conversation every once in a while.

But this kid provides the most hope I've had for this programs in almost two decades, simply because of what he brings to the field, his work ethic, his maturity, and he seems like he stays a student to the game.

I look forward to seeing what this offense will look like the next few years.

Based on the growth I've seen with this offense, I have confidence we can win at least 2 if not all of the remaining games. Go Big Red.

Martinez has certainly been a bright spot this year. I hope we can fix Special Teams and improve on Defense soon enough to at least play for a conference title before he is gone after two or three more seasons. It would be a shame to waste his whole NU career without the team having one or two really good seasons.

Martinez has certainly been a bright spot this year. I hope we can fix Special Teams and improve on Defense soon enough to at least play for a conference title before he is gone after two or three more seasons. It would be a shame to waste his whole NU career without the team having one or two really good seasons.
I thought we were better on defense last Saturday than at any time this year.

I can remember days in yon times of yore when giving up over 400 yards to any team pretty much meant your defense sucked. That's just not the case anymore with these high octane offenses that teams are running. I believe the CBs right now are playing much better than at any time this year. The sack totals are up, but a consistent pass rush still eludes us. All of this points to a team that is getting better and better.

Special teams is another matter, but I believe this coaching staff can fix that too.

We are not even one year into the Frost era. The signs are good.

I can remember days in yon times of yore when giving up over 400 yards to any team pretty much meant your defense sucked. That's just not the case anymore with these high octane offenses that teams are running. I believe the CBs right now are playing much better than at any time this year. The sack totals are up, but a consistent pass rush still eludes us. All of this points to a team that is getting better and better.

Special teams is another matter, but I believe this coaching staff can fix that too.

Well said. As I have said many many times. In year 1 ignore the record. Look at if the team is improving. You would be hard pressed to argue that they are not.

It's nearly impossible to look at the progression of the team this season and not see improvement in almost every area of the game.

The signs are good.

With the exception of the special teams. They have a long, long way to go.

That’s the ‘almost’ part. I’ve seen improvement in kick coverage, but the rest is a hot mess. Hope to see improvement by the time next fall rolls around. Hopefully we’ll see an uptick in kicker confidence as they both develop.

I personally think this is a one or maybe two loss team in 2020. The culture change and player progression is evident. Another couple rounds of recruiting and this team is going to be in Championship Games ... and they’re going to believe they actually belong there.

Adrian Martinez is legit. Regardless of the results of this season as far as record......that kid is a BALLER.

I haven't been able to participate on the forum as much as I would like to this year or the last couple years, but I do try to catch a conversation every once in a while.

But this kid provides the most hope I've had for this programs in almost two decades, simply because of what he brings to the field, his work ethic, his maturity, and he seems like he stays a student to the game.

I look forward to seeing what this offense will look like the next few years.

Based on the growth I've seen with this offense, I have confidence we can win at least 2 if not all of the remaining games. Go Big Red.

AM is way ahead of where McKenzie Milton was as a true freshman. As a true freshman, MM was getting nothing but complaints from the UCF fans. After the 2016 season, UCF fans were hoping SF would be able to recruit a more capable QB. A year later MM was 8th in the Heisman voting.

AM is already receiving accolades as a true freshman. If his progress under Verduzco is anything like MM's was, then like SF said, the best time to get us is now.

I personally think this is a one or maybe two loss team in 2020. The culture change and player progression is evident. Another couple rounds of recruiting and this team is going to be in Championship Games ... and they’re going to believe they actually belong there.
This is a big part. The "day by day" quote has never been more true. What I like going forward is the recruits know exactly what they are getting- on the field, but more importantly OFF the field. If you join this crew of off season grinders then you are probably a grinder yourself. 4 years of grinding is going to produce.

I remember when OU was getting it handed to them every week for a few years. When they hired Bob he commented that it wouldn't be long before they'd be back kicking butt and he was right. Bob went 7-5 in year one but the handwriting was on the wall. I get the same feeling with SF and AM is the perfect kid to get us over the top. Not going out on a limb when I say we should be in the CCG in two years....heck maybe next year if the pieces fall together.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back