• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern (10/13/18)

I used to have a TON of criticism for Osborne when he won the big 8 and laid an egg from 1984 to 1992 in bowl games that mattered.
He got tired of losing to speed and attitude and brought in the ‘names’. Rest is history.
Osborne said that the toughest thing he ever had to do was convince the ‘people of Nebraska that 10 and 1 was not a losing season’. (Sorry if I misquoted).

Right now Scott needs to convince us that he can call a F ing (freaking) game. Forget the rest. Walk on feel good program...Oregon State foul play....Makenzie Milton’s birthday...renovating house got robbed...past players are eating too much... want guys who want to be here....

Scott, other than lots of millions of reasons to be here, we tee’d up Troy. We gave you Purdue and a 2 and 3 NW team and you punt at every opportunity. What are we supposed to believe/think right now. Mass exodus has us thinking work ethic is the principle direction here. Freshman QB has us ‘tempered but excited ‘.

For Pete’s sake can you win a game Scott. How bout that as a measure of your coaching and status of the program.
Wow! Jeez Louise.

Today has been a minefield for ranked teams and contenders. Plenty of crazy upsets. It's one of those days we used to -- long ago -- love watching to see how it would benefit Nebraska.

Correct, that part is going to take time. In the meantime you cannot expect that new coaches, again, and 4 months of a new strength program will all the sudden change what was one of the worst power 5 defenses a year ago.
Amen, amen, amen, brothet!

Correct, that part is going to take time. In the meantime you cannot expect that new coaches, again, and 4 months of a new strength program will all the sudden change what was one of the worst power 5 defenses a year ago.

That that was one of the worst defenses in 2017 largely because of horrible coaching and a team that threw in the towel. There was far better talent than the results, just as we are seeing now.

That that was one of the worst defenses in 2017 largely because of horrible coaching and a team that threw in the towel. There was far better talent than the results, just as we are seeing now.
and it takes more then a new coaching staff and weightlifting staff to fix that attitude. With all the people SF has brought back, Ron Brown, Dave Ellis, Zach Duvall, I keep waiting to read that he’s bringing back Jack Stark or someone like him. I still believe the most damaged part of the players who’ve been here for 3-5 years is the space between their ears

and it takes more then a new coaching staff and weightlifting staff to fix that attitude. With all the people SF has brought back, Ron Brown, Dave Ellis, Zach Duvall, I keep waiting to read that he’s bringing back Jack Stark or someone like him. I still believe the most damaged part of the players who’ve been here for 3-5 years is the space between their ears
We can only hope that we see improvement next week and each game left in this season.GBR.

It’s called discipline
It’s very relevant
And yes they did but not many

Yeah, the 1995 o-line was one of the greatest of all time, if not the greatest. Not sure how that's relevant here?

I'm talking about how the Northwestern o-line was holding on several plays today but the penalty was never called by the refs.

Yeah, the 1995 o-line was one of the greatest of all time, if not the greatest. Not sure how that's relevant here?

I'm talking about how the Northwestern o-line was holding on several plays today but the penalty was never called by the refs.

To hell with 95 or 2095 or 1885 etc
I was talking about disciplined line play
NW gets 3 penalties a game avg
We have 100 yds in penalties a game
WE ARENT DISCIPLINED
THEY ARE
And refs are aware of these trends before the games are played... And whether we think that should matter or not - it does.

To hell with 95 or 2095 or 1885 etc
I was talking about disciplined line play
NW gets 3 penalties a game avg
We have 100 yds in penalties a game
WE ARENT DISCIPLINED
THEY ARE
And refs are aware of these trends before the games are played... And whether we think that should matter or not - it does.

I saw with my own eyes multiple holding penalties today that were not called. I also saw a late hit on our quarterback that was not called a penalty, but then later in the game a comparable hit was a penalty against us. There's plenty of blame to go on the coaches and players for the loss today, but the refs also did not call a consistent game. That's happened a couple of times this season and it is maddening.

There's plenty of blame to go on the coaches and players for the loss today, but the refs also did not call a consistent game. That's happened a couple of times this season and it is maddening.

I agree with you on this. And even though that is true, we have to put games away.
Stop doing stupid things.
Being inconsistent.
Lost at times. Etc..
The result of all this is we are 0-6
That is also maddening to me.

I agree with you on this. And even though that is true, we have to put games away.
Stop doing stupid things.
Being inconsistent.
Lost at times. Etc..
The result of all this is we are 0-6
That is also maddening to me.

Yeah, it's crazy. I feel for the players. I just want them to get a win so they can get the monkey off their backs.

Seems like Nebraska hasn't been able to properly put a game away in a looooooong time. We've been fragile psychologically for over a decade now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back