• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northwestern (10/13/18)

Yeah, it's crazy. I feel for the players. I just want them to get a win so they can get the monkey off their backs.

Seems like Nebraska hasn't been able to properly put a game away in a looooooong time. We've been fragile psychologically for over a decade now.
I agree TH,it isn’t that the players aren’t trying,or the coaches aren’t trying.It will all come together soon I believe.Just have to keep the faith.No one feels worse than them.GBR.

Interesting after studying the participation report, obviously the Alex Davis experiment didn't go well last week and unfortunately Ferguson wasn't ready to go . . . so NU used 5 DB's for most of the game (if not all game). Makes sense given the pass happy approach by Northwestern.

Regardless of reputation, refs who favor one side to the other, because of past transgressions, should be sent down to jr hi football! What gives these refs the right to decide the fate of a team, because of past "problems", where said team has screwed up? Call the game as if it were the first time the teams have played!

The refs are there to call a fair game, not stick it to a team who is struggling with penalties. Either they are blind, or they love throwing the flag, or not, because of one team's past problems!

Totally egregious! The refs should not be the prime part of a game, period! Call it fairly, or get a job washing dishes, you turds! :(

Since it's my birthday today, I would like to celebrate it with Coach Frost's first win as the HUSKERS head coach. Of course that will require some stops on 3rd down from the HUSKER defense but I do think the team plays it's best game of the season and comes away with the win. GO BIG RED,,,,

Sorry, mj, you didn't get a "happy birthday" present from our Huskers giving you the 1st win of the season. I feel for you, friend. :(
In any case......................HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"

upload_2018-10-13_23-34-32.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-13_23-33-36.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-13_23-33-36.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Correct. Unbelievable ! I am not some johnny come lately...been a fan since 1970. I am just so out of energy for this !
I have been a fan since 1962, and I know what you are saying. :(

I have not had a chance to watch the game, as I had a memorial at the sr ctr for my wife's mom, who passed away on 9/5.

From what I hear, mistakes yes, but the refs are being biased because of our past transgressions.
Sadly, the refs who screw up are still employed. Their "union" needs to step up and clean up the act of these refs who are blind to see the errors of the "other" team! Yes, our team is making mistakes, but that does not give the refs the right to ignore the "other" team's errors!

It is a shame how refs get away with screwing a team to defeat!! :(

Last edited:

Sorry, mj, you didn't get a "happy birthday" present from our Huskers giving you the 1st win of the season. I feel for you, friend. :(
In any case......................HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"

View attachment 18086

Thanks CBob, much appreciated. Yes, I was certainly hoping to celebrate the birthday with a HUSKER win but alas, no such luck. Next week, I'll be hoping another HUSKER fan's birthday can be celebrated with a win over Minnesota.

I have been a fan since 1962, and I know what you are saying. :(

I have not had a chance to watch the game, as I had a memorial at the sr ctr for my wife's mom, who passed away on 9/5.

From what I hear, mistakes yes, but the refs are being biased because of our past transgressions.
Sadly, the refs who screw up are still employed. Their "union" needs to step up and clean up the act of these refs who are blind to see the errors of the "other" team! Yes, our team is making mistakes, but that does not give the refs the right to ignore the "other" team's errors!

It is a shame how refs get away with screwing a team to defeat!! :(
Northwestern being the smart school they are knew all they had to do was air the ball out and Nebraska somewhere down the line will get a penalty called somewhere. And we obliged them. They played for us to beat ourselves. Whether biased officials or not, everything played out true to course. Nebraska has self destructed ever since coming to big 10 and even before some. It is what it is

Northwestern being the smart school they are knew all they had to do was air the ball out and Nebraska somewhere down the line will get a penalty called somewhere. And we obliged them. They played for us to beat ourselves. Whether biased officials or not, everything played out true to course. Nebraska has self destructed ever since coming to big 10 and even before some. It is what it is

Agree. Disclipline will take time to teach. Players regress to old habits in the heat of battle.

Off topic but Iowa states D looks amazing vs West Virginia
I saw that game. What really impressed me was that they have a true freshman quarterback making only his 2nd start and when they were in the 4th quarter trying to run clock and shorten the game he never once snapped the ball with over 4 seconds on the play clock. Now that is good coaching.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back