• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Proper Replacement For Our Balloons?

Perhaps a vacuum powered stadium flatulence extractor/collector/recycler would be environmentally acceptable. It could also be used to bump up the fireworks displays although it might not be safe for pregame overflights. I need a game day in a bad way.

Since helium is replenished in nature by a nuclear fusion reaction (yes, think mushroom cloud), the supply is limited. A tiny nuclear blast after the first Husker TD would help replenish helium in nature and create quite the light show. But if you think the grounds crew would be upset with confetti, they might be downright mad cleaning up after a mushroom cloud show.

The best gas to use would be hydrogen. I don't know how long hydrogen would stay in a biodegradable balloon, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have worry it going too high if not launched till after halftime. And since smoking is not allowed in Memorial Stadium, I'm sure no one would bring a lighter in the stadium to test what happens if the balloon catches fire. Testing for all of this could be fun for science students of all ages.

Agree we've got to move away from Helium. Non-renewable resource.
Hydrogen balloons would be much more interesting!!! Far more buoyant and flammable... Although if we don't score quickly enough the hydrogen will be gone, and the balloons won't float...

Methane isn't buoyant enough.

Hydrogen balloons would be much more interesting!!! Far more buoyant and flammable... Although if we don't score quickly enough the hydrogen will be gone, and the balloons won't float...

Methane isn't buoyant enough.
Thankfully, with the new offense, we should score fast enough that there will be some hydrogen left in the balloons. May not float as high, but the balloons will be closer to the stadium to reuse. Scott Frost, not only saving Nebraska Football, but the environment, too.:)

Put all the ballons in a SpaceX rocket in the parking lot and after a score shoot it into the stratosphere.

Would Unitarians be unitards?

88376_1.jpg
I just had an ad on my Huskermax page using this exact picture.
LOL!
Screenshot_2018-08-17-06-23-54_20180817062833868.jpg

Last edited:

Perhaps a vacuum powered stadium flatulence extractor/collector/recycler would be environmentally acceptable. It could also be used to bump up the fireworks displays although it might not be safe for pregame overflights. I need a game day in a bad way.

Does this mean Musberger has to do all Nebraska games?

At least folks know exactly where you're coming from... As for the unprovoked personal attack I'll ignore it since it's from someone with 55 posts. Perhaps you need to take a breath and calm down..........
Unprovoked attack? Where did that come from? Trumpies Russian tweet machine? I merely expressed appreciation for your honesty. It is duly noted.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back