• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/15/18)

I think that they will keep this hush until right before game 1. They want to create a mentality of competition. They might see a guy as #1 right now but it could change. Either way I am not getting too attached a depth chart with this staff. I watched a number of UCF games last year and they use a lot of depth. I am sure that everyone on the three deep will be getting real game time. At the speed we play we are going to use depth to wear out the other teams. Teams that try to use 1 guy for 80% of the snaps are going to find themselves exhausted come the 4th quarter.
Yeah, I agree. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. I'm old enough to remember when depth charts were published on a regular basis.

The three main competitors for the job -- redshirt freshman Tristan Gebbia, freshman Adrian Martinez and sophomore walk-on Andrew Bunch -- all continued to rotate through repetitions early in practice. Reporters did not see any live action but for a quick three snaps near the goal line. Each got a turn there.

Typically either Gebbia or Martinez took the first crack, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves with any sweeping characterizations of the race, especially since none of the three had noticeably more or fewer turns. We'll see what Mario Verduzco has to say about it later in the morning.

*** Elsewhere, freshman back Miles Jones was back at practice -- it looked like he was wearing some kind of brace or pad in his shoulder area -- and, true to form, worked with both the receivers and the running backs in individual drills.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back