• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/15/18)

SEEN: More clarity and definition with the defense in terms of a depth chart. The first group Wednesday consisted of Freedom Akinmoladun, Mick Stoltenberg and Ben Stille on the defensive line, Mohamed Barry and Dedrick Young at inside linebacker, Alex Davis and Tyrin Ferguson at outside linebacker, Lamar Jackson and Dicaprio Bootle at corner and Antonio Reed and Deontai Williams at safety. Second-team defensive linemen included Carlos Davis, Khalil Davis and Peyton Newell.

>> Last week, tight ends coach Sean Beckton said that freshman tight end Cameron Jurgens was about 95-percent recovered. Jurgens was getting work today and looked good. He made a nice over the shoulder catch on a corner route.

>> There was a lot of talk about the pace of practice during the spring and rightfully so. The players hustle from station to station without a lot of rest in between periods. Something that stood out to me today was that coaches are also hustling around and keeping guys fired up. Everyone’s on the same page there.

>> The first offensive line unit during walk-throughs: Brenden Jaimes (left tackle) Foster (left guard), Conrad (center), Farmer (right guard) and Matt Farniok (right tackle). The second unit: Christian Gaylord (left tackle), John Raridon (left guard), Hunter Miller (center), Boe Wilson (right guard), and Matt Sichterman (right tackle). Third unit: Trent Hixson (left tackle), Broc Bando (left guard), Will Farniok (center), Collin Shefke (right guard) and A.J. Forbes (right tackle).

>> The running back rotation looks to be Greg Bell then Maurice Washington. After that it switches up quite a bit.

I have predicted TG from the start as being the starter in the first game, but even I know that anything that comes out now can change 50 times before the first kick-off, at all positions. Good luck to all the players and keep up the hard work. :Huskerflag:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back