• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

Your right it was a total miss by Riley but according to what Benning said on the radio Pelini never even tried. Riley tried a last ditch effort but had already screwed up by thinking Fant would be a defensive end. Plenty of blame to go around but Frost will change all of that.

Pelini thought Jared Bubak was a better TE prospect. Bubak later de-committed and signed with Arizona State. Doesn't look like Bubak has played a game for ASU yet, but he's only going to be a R-So, so he still has time to make an impact.

Pelini thought Jared Bubak was a better TE prospect. Bubak later de-committed and signed with Arizona State. Doesn't look like Bubak has played a game for ASU yet, but he's only going to be a R-So, so he still has time to make an impact.
And Bubek was an early enrollee, redshirted and still hasn't seen the field (at least from a receptions view). Fant has already contributed for two seasons with out early enrollment.

I suspect that Pelini may have been turned off by Fant. It seemed to me he may have come across as potentially high maintenance (bit of an ego) and may have thought he was better than most recruiting experts thought (because guess what, he did turn out to be better - good for him!). But you know what? Staffs and coaches like Pelini & Riley are paid to make those calls and the correct ones. You are never going to hit 100%, but it sure appears we had a lot of years of poor calls on TE by two staffs. Good news is, it sounds like we may finally see some contributors out of Riley's classes this year.

Last edited:
And Bubek was an early enrollee, redshirted and still hasn't seen the field (at least from a receptions view). Fant has already contributed for two seasons with out early enrollment.

I suspect that Pelini may have been turned off by Fant. It seemed to me he may have come across as potentially high maintenance (bit of an ego) and may have thought he was better than most recruiting experts thought (because guess what, he did turn out to be better - good for him!). But you know what? Staffs and coaches like Pelini & Riley are paid to make those calls and the correct ones. You are never going to hit 100%, but it sure appears we had a lot of years of poor calls on TE by two staffs. Good news is, it sounds like we may finally see some contributors out of Riley's classes this year.

The last time we had anything close to a difference-maker at TE was Kyler Reed. And I remember him being better as a Sophomore than he was as a Jr. or Sr. Cethan Carter had the talent but was grossly underused.

The last time we had an all-conference caliber TE was probably Herian (pre injury).

Last edited:

Only 77% accurate tho!

On a side note, Sam McKewon with a 58% success rate. Just stop making selections at that point.

Where'd you see 77%? I saw this:
  • 2019 Stats
  • Accuracy: (94.74 %) 18 out of 19
  • Avg days correct: 10.45
I'd still say Nebraska at this point, but I'd pay attention if someone like Wiltfong flipped his Nebraska pick.

Only 77% accurate tho!

On a side note, Sam McKewon with a 58% success rate. Just stop making selections at that point.

Agree on McKewon lol. I'd hate to see Nate Clouse's CB % if he were at 247 instead of Rivals. "Nebraska has a good shot at him" comes out of his mouth regarding every player Nebraska has offered, I swear.

• 2019 Stats
I'd still say Nebraska at this point, but I'd pay attention if someone like Wiltfong flipped his Nebraska pick.

Agree unless a Wilting or Loy flip not to concerned. Makes you wonder how a guy who covers MN day to day would be privey to information on Henrich to make a pick like this? Always curious when I see that happen

• 2019 Stats
If you go into Henrich's profile it has Goblirsch being 472/613. That stat you posted may be for his 2019 stuff? Still pretty dumb that you can flip as much as you want. I get things are fluid but basically gives you til' zero hour to make yourself right.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Nick-Henrich-at-Burke-189946/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Last edited:
Agree unless a Wilting or Loy flip not to concerned. Makes you wonder how a guy who covers MN day to day would be privey to information on Henrich to make a pick like this? Always curious when I see that happen
Willing to put his neck on the line to be "first". He will probably flip it if need be. If you go to Henrich's timeline, it has an unofficial to Wisconsin then a bit later an official to Wisconsin, which is probably what he saw. No news of him going to Nebraska at all which we know isn't accurate.

Last edited:
Willing to put his neck on the line to be "first". He will probably flip it if need be. If you go to Henrich's timeline, it has an unofficial to Wisconsin then a bit later an official to Wisconsin, which is probably what he saw. No news of him going to Nebraska at all which we know isn't accurate.

Yup and that was why I asked the question about how a MN insider 'knew' what those closest to the situation do not

Yup Henrich has gone about his business in a quiet manner. Which I like by the way

Agree on Wilting of course

Last edited:

Yup and that was why I asked the question about how a MN insider 'knew' what those closest to the situation do not

Yup Henrich has gone about his business in a quiet manner. Which I like by the way

Agree on Wilting of course
I just am shocked there's 10 experts, and only one has him going to Wisky who is a Minnesota insider. How would he know and a Nebraska or Wisky guy not? It is interesting no Wisconsin insider has picked him to go to Nebraska or Wisky yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back