• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

When is he planning on committing? I know before his senior year, but does he have a date yet?

I recall reading on hear that he said mid July.

4-5 CB’s rolling in today for Nebraska #GBR

Does this mean he will announce his commitment soon?

Heard yesterday he might push it back to late July (Dead Period ends July 24 however, I do not think that has anything to do with it.). Also picked up a few more CBs as you pointed out including local guys Michael Bruntz & Brian Christoperson. Oh and Mike Schaeffer is pretty confident too and he is the one guy who gets it right more than not of the local folks. He put his CB in quite awhile ago.

Have to give big kudos to this staff. This kid was pretty much a goner 3 to 4 months ago believed to be headed to Notre Dame. They put the work in and built a great relationship and its about to pay off. Dad is an Iowa alum to boot.

Oh and now a composite 4-star/91

Heard yesterday he might push it back to late July (Dead Period ends July 24 however, I do not think that has anything to do with it.). Also picked up a few more CBs as you pointed out including local guys Michael Bruntz & Brian Christoperson. Oh and Mike Schaeffer is pretty confident too and he is the one guy who gets it right more than not of the local folks. He put his CB in quite awhile ago.

Have to give big kudos to this staff. This kid was pretty much a goner 3 to 4 months ago believed to be headed to Notre Dame. They put the work in and built a great relationship and its about to pay off. Dad is an Iowa alum to boot.

Oh and now a composite 4-star/91

I'm not quite ready to declare victory with Henrich, though things seem to be trending our way now. If/When he commits to Nebraska, that will indeed be indicative of a truly outstanding recruiting effort by Ruud, Frost, etc.

I'm not quite ready to declare victory with Henrich, though things seem to be trending our way now. If/When he commits to Nebraska, that will indeed be indicative of a truly outstanding recruiting effort by Ruud, Frost, etc.
Any word on the other Omha Burke kid? I believe he is a te prospect.

Chris Hickman TE/OLB. 247 has him trending towards Nebraska, but I'm not sure how recent those are. Haven't heard anything recently on him.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Hickman-46038868

Wilfong gave him a CB in April which coming from him is good news. The fact he has stayed the course is something too.

Only one of his four CBs is local to boot then again Wilfong was the last one on 20 April.

Pelini's staff would have established (or failed to establish) the initial relationship when Fant was in his Sophomore and Junior years of high school. It was the Riley staff's deal to close though, and they didn't.
Riley's staff had more than enough time to make up for any lack of enthusiasm Pelini's crew may or may not have had. the miss is all on Riley IMO. This wasn't a short recruiting period like Frost inherited with Bryson Williams. And Riley's staff were the Tight End Whisperers. If anyone in CF should have recognized TE talent it was they of West Coast Offense fame.

They had every chance.

Maybe Fant would have gone Io-way anyways, but we'll never know.

Last edited:

Riley's staff had more than enough time to make up for any lack of enthusiasm Pelini's crew may or may not have had. the miss is all on Riley IMO. This wasn't a short recruiting period like Frost inherited with Bryson Williams. And Riley's staff were the Tight End Whisperers. If anyone in CF should have recognized TE talent it was they of West Coast Offense fame.

They had every chance.

Maybe Fant would have gone Io-way anyways, but we'll never know.
Your right it was a total miss by Riley but according to what Benning said on the radio Pelini never even tried. Riley tried a last ditch effort but had already screwed up by thinking Fant would be a defensive end. Plenty of blame to go around but Frost will change all of that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back