• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Another Reason to be Excited About This Team

Right he is taking over a losing program. So thinking he will win ten is pretty vacuum thinking.
:Confused: Do you understand what I meant when I said looking at W-L in a vacuum?

Let's say a coach goes 8-4. Is that good or bad?

Let's say another coach goes 5-7. Good or bad?

If you answer, you're looking at the W-L in a vacuum without taking other factors into account. If the first guy took over a team that was on a 60 game inning streak and took them 8-4, that's pretty bad. If the second guy took over a team that was on a 60 game winless streak, that 5-7 looks pretty good.

If you look at all the factors, Holtz was pretty predictable. So is Frost. Frost improved his team's win total +6 his first year. He improved it +7 his second year. I'm hoping for + 7 or +8 for the Huskers this year, but I expect +6 (4-8 to 10-2).

And there's a lot more to it than that. I've seen him in action and heard him coaching on the field. I've seen his resume. He's the best coach in the country right now. Don't worry, be happy!

:Confused: Do you understand what I meant when I said looking at W-L in a vacuum?

Let's say a coach goes 8-4. Is that good or bad?

Let's say another coach goes 5-7. Good or bad?

If you answer, you're looking at the W-L in a vacuum without taking other factors into account. If the first guy took over a team that was on a 60 game inning streak and took them 8-4, that's pretty bad. If the second guy took over a team that was on a 60 game winless streak, that 5-7 looks pretty good.

If you look at all the factors, Holtz was pretty predictable. So is Frost. Frost improved his team's win total +6 his first year. He improved it +7 his second year. I'm hoping for + 7 or +8 for the Huskers this year, but I expect +6 (4-8 to 10-2).

And there's a lot more to it than that. I've seen him in action and heard him coaching on the field. I've seen his resume. He's the best coach in the country right now. Don't worry, be happy!
Its very simplistic to look at the record of the 2017 Huskers and apply 'logic' that the team has 4-8 talent. I have said it many times that attitude alone is good for 2 more wins from that team and when you apply the fact that the coaching level will now be infinitely better and modern, the improvement will be quite obvious.

Last edited:
Its very simplistic to look at the record of the 2017 Huskers and apply 'logic' that the team has 4-8 talent. I have said it many times that attitude alone is good for 2 more wins form that team and when you apply the fact that the coaching level will now be infinitely better and modern, the improvement will be quite obvious.

Careful, you're really becoming an optimist. I'm starting to worry.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I'll just say I'm hoping our cornerbacks still cover the receivers on fly routes to the end zone, even on what end up being running plays.

Last edited:

I like that the coaches have said the DB's will be pressing at the line. Bo's teams that did that were phenomenal at pass D. Remember how Prince and Dennard would drive WR's essentially out of the play?

I'm excited about this team primarily because it won't be like last years team.

Critical of under performance, but not openly contemptuous.

It can be done.

And everything they do. What have they done that didn't reflect well on their coaching ability?
At Nebraska? They have shown very little relative to how much has been said but it has all been pretty successful. To call them the best coaching staff in America is way too early. Right now recruiting is hard to judge. They are doing a lot of things but its all based on culture and development rather than talent. Until we see that I wouldn't call this staff top 10 at this point.

At Nebraska? They have shown very little relative to how much has been said but it has all been pretty successful. To call them the best coaching staff in America is way too early. Right now recruiting is hard to judge. They are doing a lot of things but its all based on culture and development rather than talent. Until we see that I wouldn't call this staff top 10 at this point.
I don't think it's premature at all. Frost is the reigning coach of the year. And he's a perfect fit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back