• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No more Mr. Niceguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see not much bitching, but instead a pretty civil, decent conversation about something said on the Husker tour. Maybe you guys can provide a list of items it’s ok to discuss and how we should properly discuss them.
Who said you can not discuss it? We just said it is a bigger deal than is being made of it. How is that in any way preventing you from discussing it? This on statement has led to 2 threads and a total of 9 pages. Seems a bit of overkill considering no one on here knows the history behind the comment. discuss all you want, but what needs to be said that has not? It has basically become:

Who said you can not discuss it? We just said it is a bigger deal than is being made of it. How is that in any way preventing you from discussing it? This on statement has led to 2 threads and a total of 9 pages. Seems a bit of overkill considering no one on here knows the history behind the comment. discuss all you want, but what needs to be said that has not? It has basically become:

So let us overkill it and don’t visit the thread. I happen to find it fascinating that they mentioned two players by name when discussing effort and am curious how it will work out for both. Is this a first year deal? Will it be something they do regularly if a player doesn’t respond to their motivation? Regardless of staff, there will always be some.

Some speculate that Lamar knew this was coming, so it’s fine. Did Barnett know they would crack on his weight? That one, if true as posted, is borderline making the kid the butt of a joke for cheap laughs from fans. Is that the coaching from a position of love we heard so much about. Just seems odd to me.

So much speculation and no one knows anything definitive. Barnett has been overweight since he arrived on campus, he resists any help in losing weight, I base this on the fact he has been here for 3 years? and hasn't achieved anything. Lamar also seems to be a slow learner. I am sure the coaches don't need our help with either player.

I see not much bitching, but instead a pretty civil, decent conversation about something said on the Husker tour. Maybe you guys can provide a list of items it’s ok to discuss and how we should properly discuss them.

I think we're both on the same page with the original conversation about how this particular issue was handled. Additionally I'll agree that for the most part the conversation was pretty civil and in point-counterpoint fashion...until it wasn't..... which is more or less the trademark of this board. It lasted longer than usual, so I guess that's a win. What is also not unusual is the branding of something as 'unimportant' or 'making a mountain out of a mole hill' by those who don't agree with one side of the conversation. Once that starts, I pretty much tune out. I'd rather agree to disagree and move on. I'm not sure why some think an issue can't hold weight to one person and not another.

I guess it is the off season, so maybe this is a form of off season 'conditioning' to get posters in game shape.

Moos agreed No More Mr. Niceguy

AA_NUROCKET.gif

How could you possibly know what has and hasn't worked? You are inserting your opinion as fact.

It seems to me that the only one triggered here is you. Someone disagrees with your opinion and you start making it personal. Like the time you accused @ChitownHusker of ripping off his clients because you couldn't handle confrontation.
Never stated fact. I said apparently. Never accused him of anything. I simply asked how on earth can you post this much while you are working. Someone probably is getting billed for it. Wouldn’t want him or anyone on my payroll who posts that much. That’s a fact jack!!

It is too bad you didn't feel this way as others pointed out issues 2 or 3 years ago. Could have prevented a lot of arguments.

First, I did voice concerns early on about Riley not getting player buy-in and not implementing his offense but instead modifying it to existing starters. this set the stage for the events that occurred later, though they may have happened anyway. But, the "critics" at that time hated the Riley hire, and they were bound and determined to hate every moment of his tenure. I could never be on board with that type of criticism so early on in a coaches tenure. You wanted us all agreeing that Riley sucked from the start? That's a non-starter for me...any new hire deserves some time.

First, I did voice concerns early on about Riley not getting player buy-in and not implementing his offense but instead modifying it to existing starters. this set the stage for the events that occurred later, though they may have happened anyway. But, the "critics" at that time hated the Riley hire, and they were bound and determined to hate every moment of his tenure. I could never be on board with that type of criticism so early on in a coaches tenure. You wanted us all agreeing that Riley sucked from the start? That's a non-starter for me...any new hire deserves some time.

Your memory is a bit fuzzy, apparently. But honestly, the past is irrelevant and I hope you are truly on board with this staff.

He did. Long before he ever showed up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back