• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No more Mr. Niceguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's miles of distance between publicly calling out a player and coddling. I have no problem with letting a player know they aren't meeting expectations and coaching them hard. I'm less a fan of doing it publicly as it can erode the trust of the players in the staff. I'm not saying that is happening here as there is a lot we don't know about the relationship between Jackson and the staff. Like a few others have mentioned, there are just some things I'd prefer stay in house and this is one of them.
I just reread the article again. Maybe he is calling him out, but HE NEEDS IT. Again, nothing wrong with what either coach said. He's trying to wake these dudes up, and the need woke up. The entire team has been asleep at the wheel for the past three years. Big boy style has returned. Winning has returned. No more nonsense. Nonsense cannot be accepted. Absolutely, positively get your ass in gear or you aren't gonna play. I love it.

You can't claim that no one is more supportive of SF than you as you go on to criticize posters for supporting something his staff is doing that you don't support.
It is more supportive to point out the flaws than to turn a blind eye to them or rationalize them.

There are also miles of distance between calling out a player publicly and a coach describing a situation where he called out a player in a locker room.
I'm sure the player and his family will agree with you. ;)

No call for it...pretty much ever in public, whether it works or not. This is not a huge error on the staff's part, SF will fix it and move on...

Last edited:
There are also miles of distance between calling out a player publicly and a coach describing a situation where he called out a player in a locker room.

Would you prefer I say he was thrown under the bus? It's pretty much the same thing. Especially if you're describing a conversation that was critical of a player to a group of fans and media members for the purpose of fan fodder when that player hasn't even played in a game for you yet. In fact, the majority of people in your camp on this issue seem to think it was a motivational ploy aimed at Jackson which means they perceived it as Jackson being called out.

I just reread the article again. Maybe he is calling him out, but HE NEEDS IT. Again, nothing wrong with what either coach said. He's trying to wake these dudes up, and the need woke up. The entire team has been asleep at the wheel for the past three years. Big boy style has returned. Winning has returned. No more nonsense. Nonsense cannot be accepted. Absolutely, positively get your ass in gear or you aren't gonna play. I love it.

You do realize all of that can be done without the media and fans knowing about it right?

You do realize all of that can be done without the media and fans knowing about it right?
If we need to call out players publicly to motivate them, then either the player (more likely) or the coach (less likely) may not be the guy for the job.

I’m still holding out hope that this was meant to be more of “here is how we got Lamar turned around” story rather than a public calling out.

If we need to call out players publicly to motivate them, then either the player (more likely) or the coach (less likely) may not be the guy for the job.

I’m still holding out hope that this was meant to be more of “here is how we got Lamar turned around” story rather than a public calling out.
That's what I'm hoping as well and it may very well be that. There's a lot of context missing right now.

Of course. Apparently it hasn’t worked so you do realize they are trying another route? They know the kid has really good talent. He didn’t vilify the kid. He didn’t say anything that bad at all. Good gosh we live in a bitch and moan society. Cry about everything. Cry me another river. You’re gonna see results on the field. He’ll be thanking him later.

Last edited:

This thread is a good illustration of the phrase: “making a mountain out of a mole hill”.

What is bigger than a mountain? Maybe making a planet out of an anthill.

Of course. Apparently it hasn’t worked so you do realize they are trying another route? They know the kid has really good talent. He didn’t vilify the kid. He didn’t say anything that bad at all. Good gosh we live in a bitch and moan society. Cry about everything. Cry me another river. You’re gonna see results on the field. He’ll be thanking him later.

I see not much bitching, but instead a pretty civil, decent conversation about something said on the Husker tour. Maybe you guys can provide a list of items it’s ok to discuss and how we should properly discuss them.

Of course. Apparently it hasn’t worked so you do realize they are trying another route? They know the kid has really good talent. He didn’t vilify the kid. He didn’t say anything that bad at all.

How could you possibly know what has and hasn't worked? You are inserting your opinion as fact.

Good gosh we live in a bitch and moan society. Cry about everything. Cry me another river. You’re gonna see results on the field. He’ll be thanking him later.

It seems to me that the only one triggered here is you. Someone disagrees with your opinion and you start making it personal. Like the time you accused @ChitownHusker of ripping off his clients because you couldn't handle confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back