• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Miles Enigma

fair point on SE. But he did hire the women's coach right?

He did and I thought it was a bad hire at the time. Turns out I’m wrong, so far anyway. He also hired Riley to run our football program, which is unforgivable at about the highest level.

I really like Tim Miles and am hopeful he can be very successful but so far it is a mixed bag (2 nice seasons, 4 not so great). So if we do decide to move on, who should we target? When we hired Tim Miles I foolishly thought we should go after Shaka Smart but it is pretty apparent he knew he could land a top gig in a big athletic department and really cash in.

I don't watch much basketball (only whenever Nebraska has hope, so about every 5 years). Who would be on a (realistic) wish list of candidates?

How dare Miles not finish in the bottom 3 of the conference as expected.

He probably should have been fired last year but if Moos pulls the trigger this year, I won't complain too much. Its a lot like the Solich situation. It should have been done when it was obvious and waiting a year just opens the doors to second-guessing because of a good season no matter how many buts that season had.

I am just tired of being a mediocre basketball program.

I thought he should have been let go two years ago but that aside, money or not,who would we get? Another mid-major? Who would come here? Could we get an up and coming assistant from a Roy Williams/Bill Self line? And if we did, what happens if they do a great job in 2/3 years and leave for a big name program?

Oh, and Tubby Smith just got fired. :Giggle:

Tubby and Thad are currently available also.... Pretty certain I don't want a Petino in Lincoln as the HC.

200w.webp

You did not think the NCAA could contend with the will of Petino. There are few who can. Against the power of Petino, there can be no victory.

Last edited:
200w.webp

You did not think the NCAA could contend with the will of Petino. There are few who can. Against the power of Petino, there can be no victory.
What? That is a horrible POS of a post. What you smoking? Banana peels?

I thought he should have been let go two years ago but that aside, money or not,who would we get? Another mid-major? Who would come here? Could we get an up and coming assistant from a Roy Williams/Bill Self line? And if we did, what happens if they do a great job in 2/3 years and leave for a big name program?

Oh, and Tubby Smith just got fired. :Giggle:
If they leave it means they did good job and got NU to the dance once or twice and recruited well. Not a bad deal. But where would they go unless a truly huge job came up?

I'm far from sold on either of Osborne's hires as AD. Miles and Erstad. I sorta think they are one in the same. Just barely good enough to keep around; not bad enough to fire easily. And both sputter in the postseason.

Bill Byrne's hire of John Cook ranks highest.

Amazing, the women's softball coach was a Devaney hire.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back