• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Penn State (11/18/17)

Just checked in to see if Apathy has led to a drop off in the page number of game thread.

Actually set the over/under in my head at 80 pages.

Interest hasn’t waned.

I respectfully disagree. It isn't all coaching. Players need to suck it up and compete, pride in themselves and the University of Nebraska. Actually, I didn't/don't see much of that going on. When you compete, you win more one on one battles in the trenches, linebackers, etc. than you lose. I have said for several years that our line talent is sub par (and have been chastised on this forum for saying so). This season unquestionably confirms that. Yes, we do lack coaching, but players simply need to play harder with more enthusiasm and intestinal fortitude. Frankly, collectively, they are too soft physically. That has to come from within each individual player. Coaches can be inspirational but when it comes to the performance on the field, the players wear the gear and they are ultimately responsible. We have been out manned by most teams we have played this year. Your first clue was the Northern Illinois game.

Sounds like to me, going by what you said, the kids don't listen to our coaches, or they haven't a clue what they are being told? What say you, GL?

106,722 today! A lot of missing people, though. Did anyone hear how many they thought did not show?

Last edited:

Kansas City style or Texas dry rub? ;) I was being sarcastic, mano. I meant no offense to my Christian friends here.
Personally, I prefer KC style, seem to get the NU style of "I may not be a 5 star, but I ain't gonna quit till you say nuff". more of my style of football.:Biggrin: and believe me when I say this I have pastors in two different churches that have made mention to NU losses that are poked at me(us) and it doesn't bug me much except to realize some things matter and some things really matter.

I respectfully disagree. It isn't all coaching. Players need to suck it up and compete, pride in themselves and the University of Nebraska. Actually, I didn't/don't see much of that going on. When you compete, you win more one on one battles in the trenches, linebackers, etc. than you lose. I have said for several years that our line talent is sub par (and have been chastised on this forum for saying so). This season unquestionably confirms that. Yes, we do lack coaching, but players simply need to play harder with more enthusiasm and intestinal fortitude. Frankly, collectively, they are too soft physically. That has to come from within each individual player. Coaches can be inspirational but when it comes to the performance on the field, the players wear the gear and they are ultimately responsible. We have been out manned by most teams we have played this year. Your first clue was the Northern Illinois game.
Coaching is the remedy to most of what you have written. Players won't play harder if they're not forced to - pull up a picture of Nick Saban and compare it to Mike Riley and you'll get an idea of what I mean. Players will play like they practice. They will practice according to how they are coached.

Sounds like to me, going by what you said, the kids don't listen to our coaches, or they haven't a clue what they are being told? What say you, GL?
Listening might be part of the problem and understanding what they are told could also be be an issue. However, you just have to be a good enough talent and play with intensity to beat the guy in front of you. Football is a simple game of blocking and tackling. (That is the way it was designed when it was invented) Do those two fundamental things exceptionally well and you win more than you lose. What more is there to say?

Listening might be part of the problem and understanding what they are told could also be be an issue. However, you just have to be a good enough talent and play with intensity to beat the guy in front of you. Football is a simple game of blocking and tackling. (That is the way it was designed when it was invented) Do those two fundamental things exceptionally well and you win more than you lose. What more is there to say?

Then, the coaches seem to be disconnected from the coaches. Also, I am tired of seeing MR walk around, talking to no one, and Diaco hiding in the booth, not communicating and/or chewing out players, if needed!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back