• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about the treatment of the positive posters by those constantly berating MR and staff? You act like it only came from one side but the vitriol came from those with your stance as well. Climb down off the cross.

C
The difference is those arguing against Mike Riley and all the excuses and Sunshine were right.

You post like those critical of MR are innocent realists that were shouted down when reality is they replied in the same manner toward the positive posters. Let's not pretend that it was a one way street.

C

Here was the dynamic on this board as I remember it: Bo supporters shouted down those critical of him saying they weren't true fans. After he got fired, Riley supporters shouted down those critical of HIM saying they weren't true fans. Every person on this thread, myself included, contributed to this environment at one point or another.

Here was the dynamic on this board as I remember it: Bo supporters shouted down those critical of him saying they weren't true fans. After he got fired, Riley supporters shouted down those critical of HIM saying they weren't true fans. Every person on this thread, myself included, contributed to this environment at one point or another.

I think the shouted down and saying some are not true fans statements are very hyperbolic. Those are exceptions not the rule. I never called anyone "not a true fan" whether it was during my support of Bo or MR, but I sure do love mocking the greatest fans and most knowledgeable fans monikers.

C

I'm going to bow out for a bit, but I hope the thread doesn't get locked. There has been no personal attacks, and it's an interesting discussion comparing where people were, where they are, and where they think will be.

Be nice! :)

Yes, I like analyzing the past few years. I was on the side of “cautious optimism” when MR was first hired. I didn’t agree that additional resources would make him successful, and to be honest, I was not very supportive of him that 1st season. But when we went 7-0 last season, I bit hard, was happily ready to be wrong. I was still hopeful for this season at its beginning. But now looking at a very real possibility of 4-8, I’m definitely of the “fire him now” campaign.

The 3 coaches, covering 15 years, prior to Joe Tiller at Purdue, went a combined 54-107.

Joe Tiller went 87-62 at Purdue over 11 seasons.

Since his retirement, Purdue has gone 35-73 over 10+ seasons.

Now that is a coach. Didn't just bring a perennial loser up to .500, he brought them a B1G championship and a Rose Bowl.

R.I.P.

That's a bold statement...and it's bold, too.

I was one who couldn't stand BO....and couldn't fathom how anyone could .... So what if we supported Mike Riley............c'mon man.
I love Bo Pelini ... and Brian Piccolo ... and Gina Lollabrigida ... and the Nebraska Cornhuskers who are currently coached by Mike Riley ... GBR!

I think the shouted down and saying some are not true fans statements are very hyperbolic. Those are exceptions not the rule. I never called anyone "not a true fan" whether it was during my support of Bo or MR, but I sure do love mocking the greatest fans and most knowledgeable fans monikers.

C

Maybe a bit hyperbolic, but there's a lot of truth in there as well. We all, whether it was our intent or not, have crapped on another poster at one point or another over any or all of the following subjects: Frank Solich, Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini, and Mike Riley.

It'll be fascinating to watch how the dynamics of the board change if/when Scott Frost is hired.

Maybe a bit hyperbolic, but there's a lot of truth in there as well. We all, whether it was our intent or not, have crapped on another poster at one point or another over any or all of the following subjects: Frank Solich, Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini, and Mike Riley.

It'll be fascinating to watch how the dynamics of the board change if/when Scott Frost is hired.

Agreed that most reply in kind but I don't think SF will be some great uniter. When he stumbles, and he will stumble, the bitch fest will continue. Only thing that will unite the fan base is winning and that is a complete unknown at this point.

C

Well if being right is important in this regard then have at it. Me, I would rather look for positive aspects of a coach and program, helps one live longer.

C
Yea well you go ahead and be positive about this staff and program. I'm sure all the people that aren't happy with this train wreck are enjoying you telling them how bad of fans they are. You are basically proving my point. There are posters here pumping the sunshine regardless of how cloudy it is and crap on the people that want it to get better. Glad the people in power think opposite of you or we'd become the next Oregon State and let him hang around for 10 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back