• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ok, So who goes ?

Why can't we consider a true Freshman. There are a lot of dynamic ones out there. Knowing they have a chance to play for Scott Frost right away at Nebraska could be a great recruiting advantage.
What makes you think Frost means anything to recruits around the nation at this point?

It seems as though the SF crowd are all in on him, and for all I know he may be the next great coach.

It is also my understanding that SF is set in his ways of the offense he wants to run, as the stats show UCF's second leading rusher is their QB. We currently have three QBs that don't really want to run 10-15 times a game. Let's say SF is hired , do we say goodbye to all 3 ? TL will never run that offense, POB might, Gebbia is a gunslinger who would not want to run that offense. Who gives ? SF retools his playbook ? We have 3 QBs transfer and we play a JC transfer dual threat ? 2 transfer ? Or SF recruits his guy right away and plays as a freshman.
Scott's current QB started for him as a true freshman last year, so that's a route we could go obviously. Also of note, he plucked the kid from Hawaii, something Nebraska has not been able to do despite Cav and Banker making multiple trips there to try and find guys.

Help me understand what your thought process is here, 'nut. You believe all of our QBs are willing to play for a coach at another school, but they won't play for Nebraska unless the head coach's name is Riley?
Has nothing to do with Riley. I don't see any of them being the style of
QB Frost would want. All three transferring out in fact might be unlikely, especially if Frost wants to give one shot. But on paper Frost wants something different than these guys are strong at.

And I think Frost would be foolish to stick with one of these guys instead of bringing in a transfer or Juco or even a Frosh of his own.

Last edited:
I have stayed away from talking about any other coaches other than our staff that is currently here, I think that does a disservice to them. This once I will comment: How ticked off will people be if SF doesn't come here? Do people just want Riley gone and will take anyone? or do people only want Riley gone if SF comes? And to your question if SF comes and completely changes the offense how long do they give him to turn things around?

I am not mad at Riley and definitely don't want to take just anyone. I wouldn't be that upset if he got another year (wouldn't agree but wouldn't complain loudly either). Any changes need to be done with patience, respectfully and without a coup mentality.

I am not mad at Riley and definitely don't want to take just anyone. I wouldn't be that upset if he got another year (wouldn't agree but wouldn't complain loudly either). Any changes need to be done with patience, respectfully and without a coup mentality.
This will all play out the way it is supposed to. Being impatient won't make things happen any quicker for us.

Gebbia is about the same size as the QB at UCF right now, he has a better arm.

Gebbia 6’3” 185
DiNovo 6’1” 207. *edit* Whoops dinovo isn’t there any more. Milton is 5’11” 177 holy moly that sounds small

Still more built than Gebbia - would would need to weigh 200lbs to have the same BMI as Milton

giphy.gif

Last edited:

This will all play out the way it is supposed to. Being impatient won't make things happen any quicker for us.
I want to wait for the definition of what Husker football by the new AD (his blueprint). From that blueprint I want to assess where Riley meets it or doesn't. Then we can make proper decisions. Define the program first, define the coach second.

Gebbia 6’3” 185
DiNovo 6’1” 207. *edit* Whoops dinovo isn’t there any more. Milton is 5’11” 177 holy moly that sounds small

Still more built than Gebbia - would would need to weigh 200lbs to have the same BMI as Milton

giphy.gif

Gebbia is only 6'3" in his dreams. He may be about 6'. Give the kid a chance to put on a little muscle. He could put 20lbs on real quickly if he tries. Trace McSorley is barley 6' tall. Eric Crouch was listed at 6'1". He might have been that tall standing on his tip toes. Smaller guys height is always fudged a lot.

Why can't we consider a true Freshman. There are a lot of dynamic ones out there. Knowing they have a chance to play for Scott Frost right away at Nebraska could be a great recruiting advantage.
I think this would be possible. We could also consider a JUCO or grad transfer if necessary. Frost also tailored his offense last season to fit what he had available, and he could do the same here.

There's also a largely forgotten player named Zack Darlington that will be a senior in 2018. He is somewhat familiar with that style of play, and could be a one-year transition guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back