• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos and Unity

No, you are reading way to much into my post. All I meant was that the fan base was happy with the Mike Riley hire as well.....I was not comparing the AD to the HC. I was comparing the reception of the hire....

I'm not sure I agree that the reception was the same. I think the Riley hire garnered a universal 'Huh?' with a slow warming to the idea by a handful, then a majority of the fan base over the next eight months. Moos wasn't on my radar, but from my research he is a solid AD and someone worthy of the job. The 'fit' stuff everyone keeps mentioning I have no idea on because I don't personally know any of the individuals involved. He does seem to be a Nebraska kind of guy, so I'm hopeful it will work out. Mix that with his performance as a P5 AD in the past and I think he's a good hire.

Food for thought/A grain of salt: I remember when the previous/most recent ADs were hired they were also described by someone at that time as "A good Fit" for NU.

:Computer:

just part of the process, we're on the right track. when you come to the fork in the road just take it

Food for thought/A grain of salt: I remember when the previous/most recent ADs were hired they were also described by someone at that time as "A good Fit" for NU.

:Computer:

Is he not a great fit? The Lord and savior, Tom Osborne, appears to think so. Should we instead whine and complain about a decision we had no input making and, beyond maybe one or two posters, wouldn't have the necessary tools to judge with foresight anyway?

Is Bill Moos a good AD and will he do great at Nebraska? Who knows, ask me again in 5 years and I can better give you an answer.

On paper he appears to be a good fit. Culturally he appears to be a good fit. Eastern Washington looks a lot like Western Nebraska. For those that have never been to the area take my word for it, I live up here. The people of the area are farmers and ranchers just like in Nebraska and Bill Moos is a rancher himself and grew up on a ranch/farm in Eastern Washington.

That is a lot closer fit culturally than a lawyer from Wisconsin that was living in Miami when we hired him. Bill Moos is a people person that likes to press the flesh. SE was an accountant that wanted to never be seen.

Is Bill Moos a good AD and will he do great at Nebraska? Who knows, ask me again in 5 years and I can better give you an answer.

On paper he appears to be a good fit. Culturally he appears to be a good fit. Eastern Washington looks a lot like Western Nebraska. For those that have never been to the area take my word for it, I live up here. The people of the area are farmers and ranchers just like in Nebraska and Bill Moos is a rancher himself and grew up on a ranch/farm in Eastern Washington.

That is a lot closer fit culturally than a lawyer from Wisconsin that was living in Miami when we hired him. Bill Moos is a people person that likes to press the flesh. SE was an accountant that wanted to never be seen.

Which was it?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back