• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie to visit Clemson twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-brendan-radley-hiles-irm-clemson-visit

And I know people might read this and wonder what it says about my commitment, or my recruiting process in general. I always hate to speak like this but it really is my life. I hate to say that. I don’t want to sound like I’m ungrateful or arrogant.

This college decision will affect me and be what I represent for the rest of my life. My future self and my future family depend on this decision that I’m making at 18 years old. I want to make sure when I look back, I can say that I went to Nebraska, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, or wherever I end up, and I got a degree and that it got me and my family where we are then. I want to be sure I have an education and a degree that stands for more than just football.

Yikes. Sounds like this commitment is getting softer by the day...

He was just at Clemson. Wait until after he has taken his OV's and has been back on campus here. Riley and his wife will lock him up, I am pretty confident in that. Don't forget about Lindsey, they are like brothers.

When I read the blog, and the rumors I get worried. However, when I look at what a fine young man he is, and what solid character he has shown, I feel better about it.

I just read the entire journal entry.

1. Don't make too much of the UOV. Once he got to Atlanta because of Irma, he was taking one. Could have been Georgia, but two teammates were going to Clemson, so he hung with them.
2. This kid is most likely an NFL player regardless of where he plays, so he is looking for a family vibe and hasn't been shy about saying it. Clemson played to that and will again. Don't be surprised if coaches' wives are all over his OV based on his past comments.
3. If I were a parent advising him, I'd tell him to take his visits. It's not like NU can pull the "shut it down" card. And if we go 6-6 or he doesn't like Diaco or whatever, it's good to have options. Yes, he mentioned other schools and "wherever" he ends up. There are no certainties in life except death and taxes, so good for him.
4. Until he decommits to look around, he seems like a man of his word, so I have him and Parsons starting when the fall depth chart comes out.

Why go to Georgia when they were at Notre Dame?
You'd have to ask him, he wrote it. Also mentioned Tennessee. Point is this isn't a UOV like the ones to NU where he had to arrange flights, work around games, etc. Sounds like it was born of convenience more than anything.

Last edited:
He meant it as "Why would you goto University of Georgia for an official visit" when they were a road game in Chicago.
Well if you want to read into it, this is Bookie's way of saying "this doesn't mean anything, I'm just going because I can." He probably didn't even realize GA wasn't playing at home. He's just trying to illustrate that he didn't go to Clemson because he's really, really interested. He could've gone anywhere, it just happened to be Clemson. In other words, "chill out."

I just read the entire journal entry.

1. Don't make too much of the UOV. Once he got to Atlanta because of Irma, he was taking one. Could have been Georgia, but two teammates were going to Clemson, so he hung with them.
2. This kid is most likely an NFL player regardless of where he plays, so he is looking for a family vibe and hasn't been shy about saying it. Clemson played to that and will again. Don't be surprised if coaches' wives are all over his OV based on his past comments.
3. If I were a parent advising him, I'd tell him to take his visits. It's not like NU can pull the "shut it down" card. And if we go 6-6 or he doesn't like Diaco or whatever, it's good to have options. Yes, he mentioned other schools and "wherever" he ends up. There are no certainties in life except death and taxes, so good for him.
4. Until he decommits to look around, he seems like a man of his word, so I have him and Parsons starting when the fall depth chart comes out.

This stuff is starting to get on my nerves....he is a Nebraska commit and has never wavered despite all of the fan angst on Nebraska message boards and when he signs in December this stuff hopefully will end. December can not get here any sooner.

Yeah I like that Parsons and Bookie that will add not only a buzz but some big-time oommmmfffff to the D. :)

thanks for being a voice of Reason RR. I think we all just want to make that leap, be fully in the mix of things and this young man is a game changer, no wants to loose and everyone wants him. We worry because we care, or at least that's the way I feel
GBR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back