• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie to visit Clemson twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he's just walking the walk. His buddies are peer recruiting him just like he is peer recruiting them. He needs to walk the walk to talk the talk.
He's N

By the way, a quote from Greg Biggins: "His improved speed and quickness over the last year is clear to see and when combined with his strength, toughness and playmaking skill, he's easily among the elite DB prospects in the nation. In fact, you can make a strong argument that he's the best pure football player in the country and will make an early impact at the next level."

Recruiting is a ever lasting battle until NSD. Would sure hate to lose the guy that's been peer recruiting for us for a while now.
Is he still actively peer recruiting for us? I only ask because months ago I'd see tweets posted here confirming that he was trying to get others on board here, but recently, I haven't seen any of that activity, only musings that he now might be getting interested in Florida and/or Clemson.

Oh, please don't tell me not to worry because I'm never worried about recruiting or a recruit. I'm just interested to find out if he indeed is still peer recruiting for us, because THAT would be a sign that he is still solid.

Last edited:

Is he still actively peer recruiting for us? I only ask because months ago I'd see tweets posted here confirming that he was trying to get others on board here, but recently, I haven't seen any of that activity, only musings that he now might be getting interested in Florida and/or Clemson.

Oh, please don't tell me not to worry because I'm never worried about recruiting or a recruit. I'm just interested to find out if he indeed is still peer recruiting for us, because THAT would be a sign that he is still solid.
Don't worry about it!

Sure I want him to come, and he may be solid no matter what. But to simplify things I decided several months ago to put all my worrying energy into our season record this year. The coaches are doing a great job teeing talent up; now that record will be the closer.

I get the "take your free trips" mentality, but if Bookie takes both an OV and an UOV to Clemson, I think we are naive to consider him solid. Dabo will make one hell of a pitch, and he's got a lot of credibility right now based on the last two seasons.

It would be great if our most important recruit would shut things down, but it doesn't look like that is the plan. If it's not Florida giving us a scare, it's Clemson. I'm still cautiously optimistic that this ultimately ends well for NU, but not as confident as I was a few months ago.

I get the "take your free trips" mentality, but if Bookie takes both an OV and an UOV to Clemson, I think we are naive to consider him solid. Dabo will make one hell of a pitch, and he's got a lot of credibility right now based on the last two seasons.

It would be great if our most important recruit would shut things down, but it doesn't look like that is the plan. If it's not Florida giving us a scare, it's Clemson. I'm still cautiously optimistic that this ultimately ends well for NU, but not as confident as I was a few months ago.

I concur, especially the bolded. The optics of taking the UOV make his commitment appear gelatinous.

what if a team mate Bookie is trying to get to come to N said he would if Bookie came with to Clemson.

Nice article.

“I just went up to him after the game and said, ‘You don’t really know who I am, but my name is Ralph Brown and I’m a fellow Blackshirt. I’m excited to watch you at Nebraska next year and you played a great game.' He was ‘yes, sir and no, sir’ and ‘thank you very much.’ I just didn’t expect that level of humility in the young man just from watching him play.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/2087/ralph-brown-bookie-understands-the-art-of-playing-cornerback

I've attended games at Clemson when my son attended there. It can't compare to NU stadium when it's really rockin. It's not the death valley they want opponents to think it is. However, if he doesn't have any ties to NU then I think we should be concerned because they are contenders for Conference and National championships and will remain a top 10 team. NU can't compete with this, yet.

this is all Red Reign's fault. he was talking about how great their campus is in another thread. bookie must have been listening

*oh wait that was USC.... :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back